November 26, 2009

SSHP08 - Ornament


It has most defenitely been a very good week in my cardmaking world. I made top 3 over at Saturday Spotlight, I got a Gold Star over at Midnight Madness and today I made Top 4 over at det Play Date Cafe. I am out of words. Thank you so much everyone!

So I guess playing theese challenges this week will be like jumping after Wirkola (an internal Norwegian joke).

Anyway, over to my card. This is for the SSHP (hope I make the deadline!). Their challenge this week was to make an ornament. That was a hard one! I was quit determined NOT to go vintage, but.... se how far that got me.... I have tried and tried all week to make an ornament, but everything just looked wrong, so I ended up with vintage... again. Sorry for that!



There is one thing about this card that has kept me awake all night. At the top there is some text, and it looks like it says Death. Not very christmasy. So I had to change it. The text now says "Gledelig jul" (Merry Christmas).


This is now the final version of this card ;o) (I hope).

The God Jul text is a computer print. The font is called Anglo text. The red paper is "Angel Breaht" from Iron Orchid Designs, and the brown paper is "Ancestral Remember Moments Quote" from TPC Studio.

My ornament are theese "things" (not sure about the english word for it, cone?).
We use to decorate them with angels, and fill them with gingerbreads and hang them on the tree, so I hope they qualify to be called an ornament.

I have decorated them with some thin gold string, some pale pink pearls and inside there is Cleanex sprayed with Glimmer Mist. Not easy to take good pictures of it.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a nice evening!

Gunn

3 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! Gunn, this is just sooo stunning!! Please don't appologize for being vintage!! I just love that style and you do it beautifully!! You details are amazing!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week and you're not late at all!! ;) Congrats on ALL of your awards...I can see why you won them!! HUGS

Jessica G. said...

Perfect vintage feel and those mini ornaments are wonderful! Thanks for playing along in this week's Spotlight challenge!!

Spyder said...

This si a brilliant card! I love everything about it, soooo much going on!! The roses the lace the image! Love it! A truly scrumous card!
((Lyn))
Ps..did I say I loved this card!?
oh and well done for the gold star from M.Madness!