December 3, 2009

MMSC#30 Wings and things

I'm back! (got it?)
I'm sorry for my bad sense of humor. The doctor gave me painkillers. I like painkillers!

Before I show you my card, I have to tell you something.

When I saw this weeks MMS challenge I was not very happy. All the DT cards had angels on it, and some of them were fluffy. Although I found the DT cards beautiful, it's just not me. I don't do angels. I don't mind them, I just can't see how to use them. It's not my style. And I definitly don't do fluffy! No way!
I am norwegian, so I think that it feels wrong to use english sentiments. I also try to not go over the top with the sparkle and glitter.

Well, so far so good. I was not going to make a fluffy card with an agel on it!
After a lot of thinking, lying on the sofa enjoying my painkillers, I decided to use my one and only angel stamp anyway. But, I would make a brick angel! It was going to be a card in grey, black and white. I was going to be different, it was going to be unik.

Isen't this the coolest angel ever?


I did spend some time making that one!

So, then it was the MMSC #30 sketch. I tried it out in grey - it got boring. I tried it out in shiny bronze - it was just wrong. I tried to make them marble - could not get it right. So I ended up with some dark red. And then I added some white paper. This white paper is almost like fabric. It is handmade and have some silkfibers in it. But it still was not right, you know, it missed something. So i decided to tear the sides of the white paper. And then it was kind of done......
No way back!


So, I don't do angels! I don't do fluffy! I don't do english sentiments and I for sure never go over the top.....

Thanks for stopping by and have a very nice evening!

Gunn

10 comments:

Priscilla said...

Well before I get in to my compliments on this card..I am so sorry you had such a rough time, but am so glad you stuck it out. Your card is just FANTASTIC!!!! I understand about making a card our of your normal style, but you really did an outstanding job. I really love the one angel stamp that you do have. I know a lot of people went with snowflakes..Oh speaking of snowflakes, I love your wallpaper on your blog with the falling snow. It is so pretty. Anyway, back to your beautiful card. I really like how it came out and your brick card is fabulous too :) Thanks for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week and I hope your feeling better. Painkillers can be fun, but not if you need them for "pain"..LOL

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

scrapperjulia said...

For not liking to do angels or fluffy, you made one terrific card! I love it!

Phyllis said...

This is AWESOME!! For a gal who doesn't like angels and fluff you sure did an amazing job!! Glad to see that you didn't break any of your steadfast rules....The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Gunn - I am glad to see you are 'back!' LOL! And what a way to come back!! This 'non fluffy card is totally adorable - your gorgeous angel would have to be my favourite angel ever - totally gorgeous!! I have to say Gunn, I am not really fluffy' kind of person either BUT some cards just gotta go that way! LOL! Love this!! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - don't forget to check back on Friday for the HUGE giveaway! We look forward to seeing you at the Blog Hop next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Sunshine said...

Gunn, you did a great job on this challenge!! Great work. The end result is amazing. Sometimes out of our greatest struggles brilliance results...welcome to brilliance!! Good luck with this weeks challenge! Hugz, Sunshine:)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am so sorry that you seemed to struggle with the angels. I love your end result!! Your angel is beautiful and your take on the sketch is outstanding. Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Gunn, your card turned out beautiful! I can't stop from giggling at the way you wrote the angels, fluffy and english sentiments, and then a Beautiful creation comes when you put it all together! :) I think the ripping papers on the side was a great idea! I do like the brick angel too but I love the edges, stars and snowflakes! Thanks for trying so many ways to get this sketch in, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Carol said...

Gunn persistence pays off because this is outstanding. I love this card. Everything is just proportions correctly with the right amount of color and embellishments. Stunning!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness.

Carol
MMSC-DT

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Hi Gunn, I'm back too!!! LOL....OK now what's all these excuses about not liking angels or fluffy or sparkly...you know you love a challenge, and we provided one for you didn't we!!!!!! LOL
Considering all the things you were not happy about I think you've done a fabulous job with this card. It's also great to see your other brick angel creation, see you got more than one card out of this challenge! :)
It's always a pleasure to stop by and see what you create and to read what you write!!
Hope you are feeling better and don't need the painkillers anymore!!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Kreativmonster said...

The card is very, very nice, especially considering that you don't do angels, fluffy and english sentiments....Sometimes you have to admit something you usually don't do and - as you can see - the result may be amazingly beautifull!