January 4, 2010

SSHP#12 Crazy Calendars





Its one thing to lay awake at night thinking about card layouts, but I have turned my dayrythm around over the holidays so I could not sleep last night either. Well well, early arise this morning so I guess I will crash into bed at 9 tonight ;o)

This card is for the SSHP #12 Crazy Calendars and for Brag Monday over at The Graphics Fairy blog.






I used an old Friday Sketchers sketch that I have never used before. 



The calendar on the image is from 1910 so I guess that should qualify for a recycle ;o) I got the image from the Graphics Fairy.

I did some work in photoshop to remove the Happy New Year sentiment that was on the image.  I hope the fairy forgives me for that.
The background paper is my all time favorite from TCP Studios - "Ancestral Remember Moments Quote".  Under the butterfly I have used a Stempelgledestamp of the Norwegian version of Happy Birthday.


Thanks for stopping by and have a really nice day!

Jeg har snudd døgnrytmen min i jula, så selv om jeg nå ikke hadde et kort å ligge å gruble på så fikk jeg ikke sove i natt heller. Men opp kl 7 måtte jeg likevel. Tenker jeg kommer til å stupe i seng kl 9 i kveld eller noe.


Dette kortet har jeg laget til SSHP #12 Crazy Calendars. De ville at man skulle bruke en kalender på en eller annen måte. Jeg fant denne gamle kalenderen fra 1910 hos The graphics fairy. Det sto Happy New Year på den, men det tok jeg vekk i photoshop.


Bakgrunnspapiret er min store favoritt fra TCP Studio. Det heter Ancestral Remember Moments Quote. Under sommerfuglen har jeg brukt Stempelgledes "Hurra for deg som fyller ditt år".


Ha en riktig fin mandag alle sammen!

11 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love vintage so this really caught my eye! Also love the Graphic Fairy image ... awesome! Thanks so much for joining us again this week at Saturday Spotlight! Look forward to seeing your beautiful art work again next week!! Happy New Year!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! Gunn, this is just fantastic girl!! I love that image!! You have a way of really dressing up a sketch lady!! This is fabulous!! Thanks for joining in on the calendar craze this week at Saturday Spotlight!! I enjoy seeing your work!! HUGS

Julia Aston said...

Wow - great vintage collage - how fun to use a 1910 calendar on it!

Karen- The Graphics Fairy said...

Lovely work! It's so beautifully embellished, that lace is just gorgeous!! I'm so glad you were able to use this card in your project. Of course I don't mind that you altered it, that's the fun part! Thanks so much for playing along today for "Brag Monday".

Cammie said...

What a beautifulcard! All the elements work together perfectly.

Mendy said...

beautiful card!! great work here!

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

I love your layers and soft colors, and fairies always forgive!

Dawn B. said...

This is a terrific recyclable card..I love the image you chose..Great job on this card..Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful Gunn!! Love the vintage feel and all the recycled products you used!! Truly creative. Thanks for joining us at Sat. Spotlight this week!

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Love this vintage card!! I think the 1910 calendar is really just too cool!! But then again I do love all things vintage!~

Stephanie Lynn said...

This is beautiful - You did a fabulous job.