February 3, 2010

Harts and roses




MMSC #39 Sketch

SSHP # 16 Big is better Both the hart and the pearls are oversized.
ABC Challenge N is for New My new stuff is the rose stamp, the DP and the roses.
Simon Says Challenge Picture
There is snowing like we are entering a new iceage. It just don't stop! I can't remeber ever to have had snow lying for this long. Everyday the newspaper is full of news about trailers beeing stuck and holding up traffic. We have to dig ourself out of the door every moring. Well, well, I guess spring will come.... some day.

This weekend my mother is coming to visit. On saturday we are going on a oneday trip to Aalborg in Denmark. They have got a big shoppingsenter there. It is not very cheap to go to Denmark anymore, but we can still do som good deals on meat. We will take the boat over in the morning. it takes 3 1/2 hour, drive down to Aalborg to spend the day and then take the boat back in the evening. I sure hope that there is not this uch snow down there, but I guess there is.



This "Belt buckle" is actually a piece of a necklace. I buy cheap necklases and pick them apart for embellisment ;o)




Her bare snør og snør det. Jeg tror kanskje at vi er på vei inn i en ny istid. Kan ikke huske at vi har hatt så mye snå, så lenge noen gang. den har jo ligget siden før jul jo!

Det er skikkelig galematias. Jeg likte så godt nyheten i Stavanger Aftenblad i går med overskriften "Å, skal piggene på kjettingen stå utover?" Jeg syns synd på alle disse stakkars utenlandske sjåførene som blir sendt opp hit uten hverken utstyr eller penger.

These roses were just plain white so I added some distress ink to the egdes of them to give them some more life.



I got this rosestamp in the mail today. It is from Impression Obsession and I fell in love when I saw it. When it arrived today I just had to use it right away!
I have colored it with a mix of watercolorpencils and Distress ink.


I won't have time for crafting or blogging over the weekend, so I guess I will see you sometime next week. Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much for all your encouraging comments! You make my day!




Jeg fikk dette rosestempelet i posten i dag, sammen med litt annet gøy. Stempelet er fra Impression Obsession. Jeg hadde egentlig ikke tenkt å kjøpe noe stempel, men jeg falt sånn for denne rosen - måtte bare ha!

På fredag kommer mamma på besøk og på lørdag tar vi oss en aldri så liten tur til Bilka i Ålborg, så det blir ikke mye tid til å leke med stempel i helgen. Jeg får ta det igjen neste uke.

Takk for besøket og hjertelig velkommen tilbake!


15 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love this Gunn! The grid rose is beautiful!! Love your colors and all the details especially the flowers and buckle. Gorgeous design!
Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week!

Phyllis said...

Incredible!! So fabulous and romantic!! Love your colors and all of your glorious embellishments. The MMDesign Team thanks you for play in our challenge this week!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Priscilla said...

Gunn, I LOVE this card...you are so good with the grungy style cards..well shoot, you are good with ANY style card..LOL all those details are so wonderful from that beautiful rose to the buckle to the flowers..Oooo I could go on and on :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Keep entering because we have some wonderful sponsors coming up, PLUS, we are going to have another one of our HUGE give-a-ways in a few weeks, so keep playing with us for all the action ;)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Carol said...

Gunn, I love all the fabulous details and textures you use in your cards. I need a lesson!!! This intrigues me and I love the grid rose. What a stellar presentation. Have you thought of entering for our Guest Designer spot. Please do...then you can teach me!!! lol Thanks for playing along with us again this week. Having you as part of the Midnight Madness family means so much to us!!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge

2amscrapper said...

Beautiful card!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Gunn, it always makes my day to see your name come up - and your card, Gunn - it is sensational! I love this image and all of those touches you add - you are truly a talented artist - this is a favourite with me! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see your cards and would love to see you again next week! God bless you! (((hugs)))
Linda Design Team MMSC

chercroppin said...

Amazing!!! It's truly beautiful, love the vintage feel to it...your embellishments and details are perfect!!

Thanks for playing along with us over at Midnight Madness, and we hope you'll join us again next week as well : )

Lorraine A said...

absolutely stunning card Gunn ! :-) I love the rose image ,,, so beautiful and the heart and way you did the whole thing is just so arty and wonderful !

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and ABC Challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x x

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely STUNNING Gunn!!! You've added some really gorgeous details to this and I love your big heart and pearls!! :) Thanks for joining with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Bonibleaux Designs said...

oooh I LOVE THIS!!! Just beautiful! All the yummy details just keep coming back for another looksy!

Dawn B. said...

Wow what a beautiful card. I love the way you created the heart..Really nice job..Thanks for joining us this week at Saturday Spotlight.

debby4000 said...

gorgeous card, fabulous work and details.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Bibbi said...

Lekre kort du lager!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

WOW, Gunn this is amazingly beautiful...all those fabulous details. So you pick necklaces to pieces huh!!! LOL You have done a fabulous job with this weeks sketch. The rose broken into a grid is such a neat idea. Love the colors and flowers, charm and buckle! Outstanding my friend!
Hope you will be soon rid of all the snow, hey you can always send some this way....I won't complain!! Hope your trip to Denmark was a success!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT
PS: Sorry I haven't been around....too many problems with my blog locking up when I tried to comment on other blogs....hopefully it's fixed now!

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x