February 17, 2010

MMSC # 41 and FTTC#54


I have an apoligy to make! I said that Marcus was no romantic, but he showed me a new side of himself on Valentines day. When I went to bed sunday evening he had lit candels in the bedroom and on my bedside table I found these beautiful flowers.
He is just the best!

Yesterday was a lucky day for me. First I got my order for Simon Says. I have been waiting for sooo long for that one. I had orderd som Tim Holtz grungeboard and some distress Embossing powder. In the mailbox I also found a RAK from my aunt. She had punched out lots of goodies for me. She is so sweet!

And then I found my favorite necklaces at the discount store. I thought they were all out of them, but I found some bits and pices that I got extra cheap ;o)

Look at this:

From this pile i got all this:


Lots of cool embellishments for my cards, and I did not even pay a dollar. I like that!

So I had a lot of new and fun stuff to work with making this weeks MMSC #41 card.
Flourishes Tusday had a fun challenge this week, called
"All about me".
"Use what you love and what makes you happy!! Use your favorite colors, stamps, layout, and embellishments! Whatever ROCKS your world! We would love to see what you create!"



My first thought about this challenge was that my image had to be of books. I love books and have been a reader all my life. And then I found this very cool picture of a big, old bookshelf, filld with old books. I knew that I had to use this picture.

I work at a library, but it is a new library, with funky black bookshelfs and computers and spotlights.... I would love to work in a library who had bookshelfs like this one on the image I have used. That is my dream.

Anyway, such an proud old bookshelf of cours needed some cool oldlooking embellishment. So I have used quite a lot of my new embossingpowder ;o)

At first I thought that there were something wrong with it. It did not melt like embossingpowder usually do, and then some of it came off afterwords..... veird, but then I read on the Ranger page that it was supposed to do so. And I do love the effect it has!


I added some black lace and some halfpearls.


Some Mulberry roses with the hartcharm from my necklacepile ;o)


I just love those grungboard elements. Won't be long until I place a new order for them...


Look at this bookshelf! Isn't it fantastic?



This hart was one of the punched elements I got in the RAK from my aunt. I really liked it, and it looked so cool when embossed with distress embossing.

There is still snowing here in Kristiansand. Yesterday we got another 20 cm, and I think that we may have got 10 cm today. And this is in addition to the about 1 meter we already had.... I think we will have snow until May....

We are doing very poorly in the olympics... But we got the explanation for this on the radio today. Some Indiantribe in Vancouver is on hungerstrike, protesting about some Norwegian fishing industry in Canada. They have apparantly targeted the Norwegian athletes in the olymic, sending them lots and lots of bad energy.
Luckily we have a Norwegian shaman who claims to be able to neutralise this bad energy.....

All kind of weirdos shows up under the olympics. Makes it a lot more fun!

Thank you so much for stopping by, and thank you for all the lovely comments you leave for me. When I wake up in the morning i rush to my computer just to check my e-mail for comments from you ;o)

Take care!


10 comments:

Priscilla said...

Gorgeous card and what a killer collection you got..wow...have fun playing with it all. I can hardly wait to see what you will come up with. Another awesome entry for our weekly sketch challenge and I want to Thank You so much for entering it to share with our DT and our followers. Looking forward to seeing your next week’s entry, so be sure to check back on Friday for the “Sneak Peek”
Priscilla
Midnight Madness Hostess

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

My Gunn, First to say Marcus is Romantic indeed with that Orchid bouquet! And Second, Your grunge style card with embellishments and the distress stickles makes the library shelves an inviting place! Thanks for showing your skills this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

LINDA said...

WOW!! How Romantic!!! The flowers are beautiful.. and so is your card..
Hugs, Linda

Carol said...

Wow Gunn...look at those flowers...they are gorgeous!!! You lucky girl, I know you deserve them as you are as sweet as can be...good for you! You and I are kindred spirits with books!!! I love books...I would rather read a book than ever look at the boob tube!! LOL I savor wonderful classic stories and new stories...doesn't matter...I get so absorbed...sometimes I can't put the book down and will read it too the end!!! Your card reflects you passion for books and it is exceptional. I love the distress embossing. You have a unique and delightful crafting style that is inspiring. I adore how antique looking this is. Thank you for joining us again this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. We love seeing your work and having you as part of our family.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Jody said...

I am liking your style there girl. I just love to add trinkets and charms to my projects. Looks like you got a good haulin' on your last shopping trip. Keep up the good work.

Lovely Linda said...

Wahooo Gunn - look at those gorgeous flowers - way to go Marcus!! How lovely!! You made me laugh - I am surpised we have not banged into each other rushing to the computer LOL!! It is the first thing I do too!! Now your project - wow girl - this is a winner with me - I love the bookshelf and all you have surrounded it with! I LOVE grungeboard I discovered it at the Craft Fair last year - totally adorable....you are amazing girl - I am going to have to come shopping with you and get some of those necklaces - fabulous! I LOVE this Gunn!! ! Thanks so much for joining us at the Midnight Madness sketch Challenge this week, it is always a pleasure seeing your cards and we look forward to having you play along next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Well look at this....Ms. Plum got such a gorgeous orchid from her sweetheart Marcus....that'll teach you to say he's not romantic!! I love orchids and have some just flowering right now on my windowsill. I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Valentine with your sweet man!
I'm blown away again by your fabulous card...I too love books, especially the older ones and this card would look so perfect sitting in a little book store don't you think? You've done an amazing job with the details and the grunge look really is just perfectly done. Your flowers, the heart, black lace and pearls add to the beauty of this....you are so talented my friend....I need to try this look.
Awesome work again! It's always such a pleasure stopping by here to see what you have created! :)
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT
PS: Hopefully Norway will have better luck in the Olympics soon...sending good vibes :)

Dee Jackson said...

Your card is wonderful!! I love that used not only stamps and embellishments that you love, but also a theme you love! Thank you for playing FTTC54 this week.

Sarita said...

Your Marcus sounds like a real sweetie Gunn! The flowers are gorgeous.
Your embellishments are fantastic, love to see what you are going to create with all of this.
And I love your "Me" card, it tells us so much about you and your love of books.
Fab work,
Love Sarita xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Gunn!! What gorgeous finds!!! I can only imagine all the stunning creations you will come up with these!! I so love all the details on this one!! Such a beautiful take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Midnight Madness this week!