February 23, 2010

MMSC # 42 and FFTC# 55

I am very honored that the sweet ladies over at MMSC gave me this award for this card! Thank you so much!



This might just be my most feminine card ever. I am quite proud of that. The DP is from Panduro, called "Swirls in Silver" by Vibeke Spigseth. Very beautiful paper! To bad I have coverd it up.... *dah!* I have added some swirls on the sides. I got them in a RAK from my aunt. She has got herself a blog finally. Check it out here and give her some love. Her blog is only a couple of days old.




I have embossed the swirls with Distress embossing (color Brushed Corduroy). A very nice lady let me borrow her pinepunch this weekend. I have wanted this punch for a while, so it was very nice to be able to punch out some pinebranches and see how much I will use it. And I do use it... I really have to get that punch!



The image is one I have printet out. Found the image on the great internet, it is a beautiful image of some white tulips. The sketch is from Midnight Madness of course. I also enter the card for Flourishes Tusday who has a flowerchallenge this week. They have got a new blog - check it out here.

We are doing better in the Olympics. It startet out slow, but now we have 6 gold medals. 3 silvers and 5 bronses. We are very excited about the fancy pants curlingboys. They have made it to the semifinals and we are cheering on them the best we can!


Thank you so much for stopping by. Your nice comments always makes

me smile.






13 comments:

Denise @ kc242 said...

Gunn, this card is stunningly elegant. The embellishments go together so well with the dp and your image. Well done! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Midnight Madness.
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

Carol said...

Gunn this is a pure piece of paper confection!!! OOOooo, I just love the romantic elegance and soft embellishments in this exquisite piece of work. It is eloquent and stunning. Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Spyder said...

you're right, a very lovely feminine card! I'd never want to part with it! It's fabulous!! Beautiful, I'd love to come back later and 'clip it' with a link back to you!
(Lyn))

Carolyn said...

Ohhhh, pretty, pretty, pretty!! So very soft, elegant and feminine. My favorite combination! I love your creation this week! Great job! Thanks for playing with us at the MMSC. We love having you join us.

Hugs,
Carolyn
MMSC DT

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card!!!! Soft subtle colors, lots of delicate texture.
Love it!!!

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Gunn - is there any style of card you don't do well! This is gorgeous, I loev the feminine softness you have achieve without being 'overdone!' Love the flowers and those gorgeous branches! Your DP is divine Gunn - I am loving this! We love seeing your card each week and appreciate your ongoing support for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - we hope to see you again next week!
Linda MMSC Deisgn Team

Thank you for your encouraging comments on my Blog Gunn - I really appreciated your comment on the 'Too Manyy Tears' post - thank you Gunn!! {{{hug}}}

Wenche said...

Tanteunge
Helt skjønt kort i vintage stil, du overgår deg selv snart.
Den bladpunchen du har brukt sammen med rosene - bestill bare to du.
Tusen takk for at du linker til min blogg.
Klem til deg, tante

Priscilla said...

Gunn...can you help me say the word.. GORGEOUS..I am speachless and am having a hard time getting it out...WOW..I really like this one..it is just so pretty..I could frame this in a vintage frame and hang this in my home I love it so much :) Oh I just wanted to let you know to mark your calendar for March 5th because that is when the Midnight Madness will be doing a huge giveaway. It will be a blog candy style with comment entries only. No card making on this one, but I really do not want our regular players to miss out on the opportunity to win. You will not be sorry you entered. As always, thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges with us. We really love checking out all our entries work each week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Silke Ledlow said...

It's truly gorgeous and feminine!!! Love all the fabulous details...awesome design and take on the Sketch!!!

Thank you for playing the FTTC with us :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Sue said...

Simply elegant! Beautiful soft colors and papers. Flowers are so pretty too. Love the vintage feel to the card and oh so feminine! Just a stunning creation. Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Challenge this week and sharing your lovely card with us.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Simply stunning Gunn!! So feminine and elegant. Love your details!! I always love seeing your interpretation each week! Thanks for playing with MMSC!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Gunn, WOW this has to be one of my favorites of yours....elegant and totally gorgeous. The coloring of this image is beautiful, the flowers, pearls, leaves, lace.....oh do I need to go on???? Absolutely stunning. Keep up the good work my friend.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Guro said...

Gratulerer så masse Gunn; fult fortjent et virkelig nydelig kort du har laget!