March 14, 2010

Develish Nemi



I discoverd a new challengeblog this week at The Haunted Design House. The Macabre monday challenge! This weeks challenge is called "Oh you Devil". That's a fun one I think!

I have used this great image of Nemi. Nemi is a Norwgian cartoonfigure drawn by Lise Myrhre. Nemi is a blackdressed unemployed young girl, struggeling with the fact that she is growing up. She is hard on the outside but soft as it gets on the inside. She may look develish on this image, but show her a dragon and she will go all cuddely wubbely on you *LOL*

I love Nemi!


Since the MMSC has begun to give out sneak pea on their sketches I have got so much time, so I am entering twice this week. This card is also made after the MMSC #44 sketch. A bit differnt from my other entry ;o)

I did need something in the top left corner and I decided that 25 was just the rigth ting, no matter whos birthday it is - a woman never gets older then 25 ;o)

The coolest thing I did with this card, was that I embossed the Mulberry roses with distress embossing. There was a bit of smoke and some bad smell occured, but it looks great - right!


I printed the image on some glossy photopaper, torn the egdes and rubbed over it with some sandpaper. Then I gave it all a good rub with Vintage Photo distress ink.



Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!










12 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Gunn - you hkve been one busy stamper ths weel - and what a change of pace! This is very KOOL! What a dramatic image your colours and colouring could not be more perfect! You are ine 'Wild Thang!' my friend! We appreciate you supporting us this week - we love to see your card and hope to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carolyn said...

Hi~~First, thank you for stopping by my blog with a kind comment. I always love and appreciate that soo much! p.s. My b-day is July 4th...wink wink. ;)

Boy, did you put alot of work into this one! So many fabulous details. I love the way you did the flowers and sandpaper and ink distressing. You really achieved the look that you were going after here. Very creative and great job on the sketch. I always look forward to seeing what you are up to next. Can't wait to see your next MMSC entry.

Hugs,
Carolyn
MMSC DT

Carol said...

Gunn I love how your style goes both ends of the spectrum--from soft, romantic, vintage to dark,grunge, macabre. You are so talented and I am intrigued with your alluring work. It is captivating and I find myself anticipating your card entry every week. So to get two is a super big treat!!! I have seen this challenge blog and have wanted to join myself as it is SO unique and interesting...but everything I have is "cutsey"...I forgot that I could actually print something to work with. I am going to try it once I get done school. I got a kick out of you burning your mulberry flowers!!!! Spectacular work my friend!!!! Thanks for playing again with us at Midnight Madness.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Sue said...

Gunn, you devil you! What a fabulous card. Love the glossy paper and those distress embossed flowers were worth the smoke and smell!! Image is HOT! This is just so unique. Glad you shared it with us.

Sue
MMSC March Guest

StampitCrazy said...

Hello Gunn, This is quite the card, she sure looks like a mean devilish one, Here is another challenge for you, runs Sunday to Saturday, this week we will have 3 and winner of challenge gets the free rubber stamps used. http://stampitcrazy.blogspot.com. thanks

Barb said...

Fabulous! What a great image, LOVE the "smoked" roses, and all of the distressing is perfect! Thanks for finding me & playing along with Macabre Monday!

Anonymous said...

Hei.
Du overrasker på ny og på ny. Her har du kommet på rett plass og får brukt alle dine kreative evner. Stå på!
Mamma

Linda Ledbetter said...

You know what? EVERYTHING you do is just spectacular! I love your blog, and I LOVE this card!!!

Linda aka Oz said...

I so agree with the "25" bit.. and it is never really art until you have smoke and a bad smell! LOL

Thank you for introducing me to Nemi. I love a girl who knows dragons. the Oz

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow Gunn! What a fabulous card. So dark and captivating! Love what you did with the roses and trimmings! What a fantastically original card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

Priscilla said...

Oh Gunn, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR STYLE :)Your card is just Beautiful.. Great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Be sure to check in for all the exciting news in this weeks Tuesday post! Lots of new things happening and I am sure you will love it!!
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Guro said...

WOw Gunn denne var knalltøff!!!! Virkelig uttryksfull med sterke flotte farger :-)
Digger stilen din!
Ha en super uke, gleder meg til å følge deg videre.
Klem Guro