March 11, 2010

Disturbia





I cant belive that I won the Simon Says challenge! 440 participants and I won? I never win anything so being drawn out of the box like that was quite a shocking experience - but a good shocking ;o) I spent all $25 (+ some) on Tim Holtz products. Can't wait to get them in my mailbox.

Yesterday I discoverd a stamping forum that I think I will like very much. The Smeared and Smuged Forum . I do from time to time like to make some card on the darker side, so this was the perfect place for that.

This month their Rock and Rolla group have a challenge based on Rhiannas video "Disturbia". I had to play with that, and made this card:


I was inspired by Rhiannas red lipstick and her fabuolus fan. It was also the perfect occasion for me to use this World of Warcraft Goblin image. I actually think that this Goblin looks a bit like Rhianna - except from the complexion......

Making the fan was quite a job. I actually made a fan of woodsticks and paper and lace and everthing - took me all night yesterday and the best part of today - and then it was to big... so I went with an easier one - but still pretty good looking I think!


I will also link this card to the Simon Says challenge wich is a sketch this week. The DT team there have all gone for Magnolias this week - I know I might be a bit off from that ;o)

Thank you so much for stopping by. You all leave so many sweet comments, and I do appriciate it soo very much! Take care!



6 comments:

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Gunn :-) Really unusual and striking :-) I love it ! :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

hope your parcel arrives soon :-) xx

Linda Ledbetter said...

I absolutely LOVE this card, Gunn!!! Everything about it is cool, and the fan is just spectacular (I'd lose my mind trying to fold something that small).

Huge congrats on your Simon Says Stamp win! I applauded when I saw you name on there!

Hugs,
Linda

Wenche said...

Tanteunge.
Fantastisk kort du har laget, for en fantasi. Nydelige farger.
Klem tante

Anonymous said...

Gratulerer med gevinsten. Du overrasker stadig med nye spesielle kort. Helt utrolig!
Klem Mamma

debby4000 said...

Well this is certainly the opposite of Magnolias. Wonderful striking card, love your work.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Priscilla said...

LOVING THIS CARD:)
Priscilla