March 6, 2010

Purple and black, and some womans back

Some times crafting can be a challenge on its own. Like I have had some misunderstandig with my mojo this last week - that has been a challenge. Other times my blobby fingers just don't wanna do what I tell them. But then there are forces wich is out of my control that interups my crafting. This happend while trying to make this card.


(Sokrates is transferring some catmagic onto my card)

I have nothing to withstand forces like this. The card just had to wait. Hopefully he transferred some of his catmagic to the card, so that the reciver don't just get catcoothies.

Anyway, I did finish the card - eventually. And I think I will link it to these challenges:

MMSC # 43 - Sketch
Pollycraft Monday # 35 - Distressing
Papertake Weekly - Buttons, bows, brads & bling
Lexi's # 8 - Anything goes
Tellen's Place #8 - Anything goes
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge # 8 - Ribbons and sparkle
Treehouse Thursday Challenge # 38 - Bling
SSDS # 29 - Sparkle and shine
Simon says - Mother's day/girly



I have never entered so many challenges at the same time before... I think it is very timeconsuming to find all these challenges, but I am sitting here waiting for some glue to dry.... Looking at this photo I see that I should have waited some more... Sorry about that.


I do see that there are a lot of people out there who do describe how they made their cards. That is very nice, I like that, I just find it so difficult to do myself. I did take some pieces of paper and glued them together. Embossed some grungeboard, tied a ribbon and then I added some stash. And VOILA! I don't know what else to say about that. So I guess I should leave the descrition thing to the ones who know how to do it.

I have embossed the grungeboardelements with distress embossing, Vintage Photo.

The image is one I have found on the net somewhere.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have a nice day! Your sweet comments sure makes MY day ;o)




21 comments:

Carolyn said...

OMG, I love the picture with the cat!! The cutest!! I'm like you when it comes to talking about my cards. Never know what to say. This one is so pretty. That is a great image and you have made it so dramatic with the purple and the rhinestones. Great job on the sketch. Thank you for playing with us again at the MMSC this week.

Hugs,

Carolyn
MMSC DT

maddy hill said...

beautiful card and beautiful cat too ! why is it cats will sit on anything that YOU are interested in ? lol.. your post did make me giggle - what a cheeky cat ! lol

hugs
maddyx

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Gunn - another gorgeous card from you - I love the way you think and would love a day of crafting with you - what do you think!?!? LOL! Gorgeous image and faulous touches with the grungeboard (I love grungeboard) and butterflies!
I love your cat too - it has the perfect 'cat look' on it's face - adorable! Love it! We are glad you are able to play along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, your cards inspire us! We would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carol said...

Gunn-how I love this creation. This image is unique and so sexy and flirty and full of romance. Filled with the promise of champagne and roses and the sweet smell of exotic perfume. I would love to wear a dress like that and have my backside look so good....but then my husband would never leave the house now so what good would it do me!!! Aaaahhhh, I can dream can't I!!! LOL Thanks for letting my thoughts ramble while looking at this enchanting piece of work. Great job on the challenge. Thanks for playing along this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :0}
Midnight Madness Design Team

maxine said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at lexis this week

Sue said...

beautiful card and such stunning colours,thank you for joining us at pollycraft

sue
xx

Denise @ kc242 said...

Gunn, what a fabulous card! The colors and embellishments are just perfect for that elegant image! It is just amazing what your can use as your inspiration and have it turn out so beautifully is the topping!
Great take on the sketch challenge this week!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

Wenche said...

Tanteunge
Beautiful card and colors. The image of a womans back is beautiful.
Have a nice day.
Aunt

Georgie said...

I love the rich colours you have used
Thanks for playing along at lexis creations

Sue said...

Gunn, I think you give the cat with the attitude too much credit, although he is cute!! What a gorgeous image and I love what you did with it. Love the swirls with the grungeboard and the bling especially. Beautiful dark, mysterious colors add to the intrigue. Makes you wonder what this woman looks like!!! Just a great take on the sketch this week and another beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us for the MMSC.

Take Care
Sue
MMSC March guest

Joynana said...

What a lovely creation. love the colors and butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

Priscilla said...

OMG...I love this post...you do not know how many times I have been faced with the kitty card hog problem..for some reason, they just want to lay across your work..I have learned that if anything needs to dry to put it up somewhere where the cats can not get to it, or I will have little tiny kitty hair on my card..LOL Gunn your work is wonderful..kitty magic and all. I love your style and admire your work very much. I think you have been peaking at my future sketches, because this image would work so good with an up coming sketch I will be using.. When you see it you will know exactly what I was talking about ;) Thank you so much for your participating in our challenges. Lots of cool things happening on the Midnight Madness blog right now... Sneak Peek Plus, a BIG announcement will be revealed shortly :)
Priscilla (MMSC Hostess)

Rose said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose x

Terry Oulboub said...

That cat magic sure worked because your card is amazing! The bling swirls you made are gorgeous and I just love these butterflies! How cute is that image! Super beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place! ;D

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

This a sure winner Gunn! Even your cat loves it. :) I love the flourishes and butterflies against the rich deep purple background. And your image is so unique and mysterious. Wow! Michelle MMDT

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the dramatic colours...and the butterflies are beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly!
Helen x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, brilliant colours and details.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Michelle B said...

LOL! Love the cat magic...so cute! The card is beautiful I love how it turned out. Thank you for joining us this week at Tellen's Place.

Hugs,
Michelle B.

blackdragon said...

Beautiful card... thank you for joining us at Tellens place this week.
lynx

Crafting Joanne said...

Beautiful card Gunn, love the image and all the detail with the gems and butterflies.

Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft.

Hugs

Joanne xx