March 28, 2010

Simon Says Distress!



I guess that this weeks Simon Says challenge could not be more perfect for me - I distress (almost) everything! *LOL*

I am not sure that I am totally satisfied with this card, but I think that the image is soooo cool, so I decided to go for it anyway.

This very cool house is a drawing from World of Warcraft, and I would just love to live in a house like that. This is the kind of house I think Harry Potter will live in when he grows up. Think of all the magic!


Ok, I am dreaming myself away now *LOL*

The very skilled Simon Says DT members are featuring Tim Holtz products this week. I have certainly had mine in use to. Not that I have a lot of it.


I am particularly satisfied with my faux metal flower. Isn't it cool? I cut out this flower by hand, embossed it once with gold embossing and then gave it a coat of Aged Mahogany Distress embossing. The leafs is some free vector images that I printed, cut out by hand and embossed with gold.

The "gold" knobs on my keyhole is just som regular office brads. I do like the keychain ;o)

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I am celebrating my fathers birthday today, and I am spending easter at my parents home. I will also spend som time at my aunts craftingroom. My poor aunt. She is so tidy, and then she invites me over... I will probably give her a hartattac 'cause I am a big mess!


Now dig out all your Tim Holtz goodies and go banans with distressing. I can't wait to see what you all make!

Take care!



9 comments:

debby4000 said...

WOW WOW WOW, this is so fantastic and you're so right it's a Harry Potter House.
luv
Debby

Linda Ledbetter said...

There you go being awesome again! I LOVE this card, and you're right-- that house image is beyond cool!

Happy birthday to your dad (and good luck to your aunt! I don't think any of my relatives would allow me anywhere NEAR their workspace)!

Hugs,
Linda

Mephisto said...

WOOOW, what a brilliant work. Love this house so much.

Hugs
Domi

Andrea said...

I agree with you - the image looks sooooo cool! I love your card and every detail!

Hugs, AndreaM

Jane said...

Stunning card Gunn!!! I too would love to live in that house it looks soooo cool!!! Amazing distressing details, I love your card so much! hugs, Jane xxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Gunn!! The distressing is wonderful and the house is enchanting...I really love the way you accessorized! Too fab!

Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

*mwah*
Steph

Lorraine A said...

Fantastic card Gunn :-) I love this house too ,,, definitely a house for witches and wizards :-) I love the flower you made and the key chain is perfect too :-)

hope you'[re having fun in your aunt's craft room :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Shana said...

How beautiful! Your work is stunning! Thanks for sharing!

Martine said...

This is amazing sweetie, such a fab image, and i agree that Harry Potter would sooo live in a house like this :, that faux metal flower is gorgeous hunni, such a fab idea i sooo must try it thanks so much for the tip :)


take care hunni :)

xx

Martine