March 23, 2010

Simon Says Spring/easter



Goodmorning!
Simon Says challenge asked me if I would stay on as a GD for another 3 weeks. I could not say no to a chance like that. I may not be very smart, but I'm not stupid *LOL*

Thank you so much for having me!




Yesterday I discovered that my Daffodils are comming and the spring feeling just rushed trough my body. I love spring! The sun is shining and the snow is melting - I can't get enough of spring!

Take a look, aren't they cute! We call them easterlillies. I don't think they will be fully grown by easter this year, but early april is fine!

One of our great poets named Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson wrote a poem called "I choose april", I would love to translate it for you, but I just can't.

Anyway, the message is that april is a month were so much is happening in nature, it's when the snow melts and the flower starts growing, it's when what looks dead comes back to life.


So I choose april and I choose spring for this Simon Says challenge. And I thougt that these words from Mae West was just perfect for my spring feeling. Not that I think it is possible to get to much of spring ;o)
The sentiment is a stamp from Penny Black.

I had a lot of new visitors last week, and a few new followers! Thank you so much everybody for stopping by and leaving me some love. I hope I am able to fulfill your expectations!

Now rush over to the Simon Says Challenge, check out what the DT members have made for you and then go and find your springfeeling! Remember that you can enter as may times as you like and there is $25 worth of shopping to to win!


I am not the only one who has a spring feeling I think. My cat Stella sure loves to sit in the sun too ;o)
I think she might have spotted a mouse or something, she have her huntingface on ;o)

Thank you all so much for stopping by! I hope you have a very nice day.

I am linking this card to the following challenges
The secret crafter saturday #75 - Spring has sprung
Jacksonbell tusday challenge #98 - Spring
Crazy 4 Challenges #29 - Spring
Crafty Catz Weekly challeng # 24 - Spring
Challenge up your life - Flower


Jeg velger meg april
I den det gamle faller,
i den det ny får feste;
det volder litt rabalder,
-
dog fred er ei det beste,
men at man noe vil.

Jeg velger meg april,
fordi den stormer,
feier,
fordi den smiler, smelter,
fordi den evner eier,
fordi den krefter velter,
-
i den blir somren til!
~Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson~



17 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi
A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Linda Ledbetter said...

Congratulations, Gunn-- Simon Says Stamps has GREAT TASTE! Your card is gorgeous, and so is your Stella cat (I have a Stella cat, too)!

Carolyn said...

Very beautiful card, Gunn! Love all your spring pictures too.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Gunn :-) I love everything about it !! so beautiful :-)

I loved reading this post too :-) the flowers sprouting through and your lovely cat out a hunting :-) Lovely :-) ( I have 6 cats !! )

thanks for agreeing to join us for the next few challenges ,,, your work is amazing !! :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Wenche said...

Tanteunge
I love spring too. Your card is wonderful.
Congratulations with three new weeks as GD for Simon Says.
Love the poem, and I understood all.
Aunt

carol said...

lovely pretty card, thanks for joining in with craftycatz, x carol

Guro said...

Nydelig vårkort Gunn, her var det ordentlig koselig vårstemning!
Flott tekst du har valgt her.
Roser er herlige.

Og ikke minst, takk for at du deler koselige vårbilder og den skjønne katten din.

Ha en fin ukeslutt!

Klem Guro

Jane said...

This is so gorgeous Gunn!! What a fabulous sentiment too - and so true! Beautiful details and colours too! hugs, Jane xxx

SmilynStef said...

Love that quote ... pretty blooms to.

~amy~ said...

excellent card...LOVE the quote! Thanks for joining us over at Jacksonbelle!

Dawn said...

beautiful card, Stella is cute!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Gunn!

We are so lucky to have you an extended amount of time as Guest Designer...so THANK YOU!! This is a very beautiful card and I especially love the touch of sparkle and the framing you did with the flowers...just lovely!

Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

*mwah*
Steph

Dena said...

Hey Gunn! So glad you are staying on with us for a while!
Your work is gorgeous and that sentiment is perfect! Love your kitty. Mine like to sun herself too! It's so cute!
Hugs, Dena

Martine said...

Hi hunni

Glad to see that you will be with us a while longer, i love seeing your take on the challenges , you are very talented indeed :), and this card just proves my point :), i love it sweetie, the papers, the flowers the sentiment, everything is just perfect :)


xx

Martine

Chris (catt871) said...

I too am glad that you are sticking around with us for a few weeks!!! What fun!!! Your work is amazing, and this card is gorgeous! I love the sentiment and the little flowers...so pretty!!!! I can't wait for Spring too!!!
Chris

Timcsoca said...

Stunning card! Love the colours and the gorgeous details! The embellies are beautiful too!:)

Hugs, Tímea