March 5, 2010

Yellow sunflower



We got another bunch of snow today. I don't know how much but 10 - 15 cm would not surprice me. So I guess I needed to hide away inside playing with sunflowers and butterflies trying to fool myself into beliving that spring will come.

This card is for these challenges:

OSAAT#2 - Sketch
Kort O'mania #12 - Blonder/laces
PDCC #19 - Deep yellow, pale yellow and white


Some glue there that had not dried yet... sorry about that, I am a sloppy crafter..... I have colored my sunflower with watercolorpencils. Poped it onto some white paper sprayed with glimmermist and then I added some faux stiches around the egde. The sunflower image has two butterflies on it, but I found them so difficult to color that I punched out some butterflies in yellow and added some stickles to them. Gave it all some more dimentions right?


I have made my own flower. Pretty proud of that one. I found the tutorial for it over at the talented Saritas blog. I used some old curtains to make my flower. They did smell of basement and dust, so I gave them a good bath, so now they smell like flowers too ;o)



And I have used a charm as a centerpiece to my flower.


My punched out pine branches again. Added some stickles to them to, but it don't show in the picture. Some lace and some ribbon and a bow.


I am not only a sloppy crafter, but this week I have been a lacy one too. So now I am late for a bunch of challenges....

Thanks for stopping by. Have a very nice evening and take care!




14 comments:

Sarah said...

What a Beautiful card, love your flowers, Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT, Hope to see you back again soon
Sarah xx

stitchy said...

Gunn, your card is gorgeous, I love the flowers and your take on the sketch is perfect..thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT..good luck and stay out of the snow lmao...
hugz
stitchy xx

bestevenn said...

Det var et supert og vårlig kort. Så flott den blomsten du har laget var. Det blir så mye mer spesielt når man har med noe selvprodusert. Kjempeflott. Tusen takk for at du deltar på utfordringen til Kort o Mania.

Anonymous said...

Midt i kulden og snøen varmet dette kortetgodt. Det gir løfter om vår og sommer. Et herlig kort.
Mamma.

Sarita said...

Ooh who knew a pair of old curtains could look so good!! Your fabric flower is AMAZING!! Your other flowers are just as gorgeous too, that sunflower is a show stopper.
Fantastic work Gunn, I love it,
Love Sarita xx

Benedicte said...

så flott kort du har laget.
flotte farger.
takk for at du deltar på Kort o mania
klem fra Benedicte

sam said...

Great card Gunn. Love it hunny. Thank you so much for entering our second challenge here at OSAAT and I hope you'll pop bac on Sunday to check out the winners and our next challenge.
Sam x
PS glad you like the linky thing too.

Anne Bente said...

såååååå nydeligt kort.

100000 tak for at du deltager på Kort O Manias udfordring.

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Well, I don't know about the other challenges, but you're not late for the OSAAT sketch. Love your card, and I think a few of us are crafting spring and flowers at the moment so we don't have to go outside and face the cold! And well done on making your flower as well, it's fab :D

Jeanette said...

Veldig søtt vårkort. Tusen takk for at du deltar hos Kort O Mania. Klem.

Aud Kirsten said...

wow, dette var et kjempeflott kort! Tusen takk for at du deltar på kort O Mania´s utfordring:o)

linsal said...

kjempe flott kort! likte godt fargekombinasjonen din og solsikke blomsten med sommerfuglene på :)

tusen takk for at du deltar på utfordringen vår :)

klemmm fra linda/linsal
-kort o mania-

Julie Ranae said...

Such a beautiful creation...so glad to have you back playing with us in The Cafe!

Filharmonica said...

Flott kort med herlige farger :-) Takk for at du deltar i utfordringen til Kort o Mania!