April 27, 2010

MMSC# 51

It is tusday, that means it is time for Midnight Madness Challenge.

Once again, it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.

"YOUR CHOICE"

Enter one style or both this week.

Just have fun and come play with us :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Our MMSC50 Gold Star Award goes to...

18. Sue Drees

Our Remarkables Award this week goes to...

2. Valarie Florer
25. Leigh
35. charlene
37. Risa
39. Holly Miller
43. America

Please grab your awards logos from the side bar and display them proudly :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our MMSC50 Weekly Bonus Winner is...

22. Angela

Please contact Priscilla with your info to claim your prize :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our MMSC51 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....

*D' Amour Allure

Prize Details:

Vintage Vanities – Arabella Stamp

Vintage Vanities – Let the Trumpets Sound Stamp

Zva Creative – Fountain Crystals

D' Amour Allure stamps include vintage styles to character art.

Please browse the collections at our exclusive retailer, http://www.mcmahonfivedesign.com/

Thank you again Jeni for your wonderful prize :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Our April Monthly Sponsor is....

Sunflowers & Dragonflies

Click HERE to see this fabulous prize worth

well OVER $100 (this week is your last chance for this prize)

How is that for a price! WOW!

My card this week was quite challenging I thought. I did actually made two before I was able to make one that I was satisfied with. Then I took about a hundred pictures of it, dragging it all around the house for good lightening. I guess I did not do the best job of it, because it still is a bit shiny. But it will just have to be good enough this time.



I got to use this faboulus Arabella image from D'amore Allure. Isn't she beautiful! I wish I could wear a dress like that - and look this good. I have colored her with watercolorpencils. I cut out the birds and put them on foamdots to raise them.



My background musicpaper is some that I have taken form a childrens song book. It was actually from a childrens TV-show when I was a kid, so it was hard to tear it apart. Not that it was a good TV-show, nor that I do remember the songs, but I remember the the characters, and I really don't like to tear up books. For my Norwegian readers: Det var sangboka til Klabb og Babb som gikk med her *Ler* Husker dere Klabb og Babb?



I put a metal plate in the corner, added some flowers and a silver butterfly and some rose-what do you call these? Rosebuns? Oh well, I hope you understand what I mean.

No, run over to Midnight Madness Challenge blog and play along! I am looking forward to see what you all will make!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love it when my mail says *pling* and there is a comment for me. Makes me smile all day long!

Take care!

Challenges:
Crafty Creations #64 - Distressing
Penny Paper Crafty Challenge - Anything goes
Prairie Fairy Friday - Distress
Secret Crafter Saturday - Distress
Simpel Doodles - Anything old (my notesheet)
One Stitch at a time - Flowers
Simon Says - Things with wings


29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hei kjære datter.
Dette var et spesielt flott kort.Jeg likte så godt damen med sine løse gevanter og fuglene som kretser rundt henne. Om bokaa måtte ofres, så var det til en god sak. Lykke til videre med dine korter.
Hilsen Mamma

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, beautiful work.
luv
Debby

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Gunn, what a fabulous card you have created! I love this image and you have taken her to a new level! Those birds are fabulous, what fiddly cutting out you have done - gorgeous! Your RoseBUDS (I think that is what you are meaning) are divine - I always love your embellishing - it gives your card such a unique feel! Gorgeous Gunn - I am loving having you as part of the DT! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Gunn :-) absolutely stunning :-) the image is beautiful and all the embellies you used are fantastic ! :-)

Congratulations on your DT post :-) very well deserved :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Tammy said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT.

Georgia said...

Wow! Wonderful card!!

Sarah said...

Beautiful creation, lovely detail, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
Sarah xx

Linda Ledbetter said...

Gunn, your card is elegant and SO beautiful!!! Your layout is really clever-- it looks like she's walking through a doorway in the sky! I love this!!!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Gunn, I absolutely love the night time feel of this beautiful creation of yours. It is lovely through and through!
Denise

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Gunn...I have no clue what you are talking about! This is so magical and majestic! Its just PERFECT!!! Brilliantly beautiful! Can I add it to the store gallery? Pretty Please? :)

(((HUGS)))
Sue

Tammy said...

Such a pretty job on this card.
Thanks for entering this week at OSAAT!
smiles...Tammy

Wenche WTE said...

Congratulations Tanteunge!
Your card are fabulous.
The details are beautiful.
Love from Tante, one of the Norwegian readers.

Carol said...

Gunn what a fabulous job you did with this image. I love the music sheet background too! Your details are just stunning.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Hey Gunn, What a Fabulous Job with this image!! Your skills are so wonderful bringing her to life. The metal plate ornament, you are good at using metallic items to embellish! Your comment on dragging it around the house for good lighting made me laugh! I can just picture you with a little leash for the card, tuggin it around.. Giggles!
xox ~Jeni

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous card, Gunn! The music sheet is a wonderful background to the image and the metal embellishment add such an elegant touch to this stunning card!!

Dawn Edwards said...

I think this card is just Beautiful! Wonderful Work!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Gunn, this is such a stunning card. Love the color of her dress! The nighttime background makes her stand out just beautifully. Your photography is great so all that dragging around the house paid off!! That corner decoration is over the top gorgeous and I love how it shines. Can't believe you actually destroyed a childrens music book...you working in a library too! Naughty girl!!!! LOL
Absolutely fabulous job with this weeks sketch!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Priscilla said...

Hi Gunn, I love your card this week, it has such a vintage feeling to it and your Music sheet bg adds so much to this over all look of this card. I need to get some vintage pages like this. Thanks for the inspiration :)
Priscilla

Cheryl said...

Oh this is one beautiful card,thanks
so much for joining us at OSAAT
love hugs cheryl xxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Gunn!! This card is gorgeous!! Love your coloring of this elegant image!! Your pendant and design is beautiful!! So much eye candy!! The dp is perfect!! Awesome take on the sketch!!
hugs,
Chris

Carolyn said...

I just love this. Your work is always so amazing and inspiring. I am so glad that I got to work alongside you even if it was for just a short time. I couldn't be happier to have you fill my spot on the team, and couldn't have picked a better candidate had I hand-picked you myself. I look forward to seeing what all of your creativity brings to the team.

Hugs,
Carolyn

sam said...

This is yet another fabulous creation Gunn. I think you got the light just right as we can see the lovely sparkle on it.
Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT.
Sam x

Guro said...

Wow Gunn du er litt av en kort kunstner; jeg bare digger kortene dine, de er så ulike, allikevell har de noe felles.
Herlig motiv,og de fuglene passet veldig godt.
Syntes jeg ser deg springe etter lyset, ikke helt lett det der alltid ;-) Husker Klabb og Babb; morsomme i sin tid.
Håper jeg får tid til å bli med dere denne gangen, digger skissene. Rakk det ikke forrige uke, men harlyst til å prøve skissen etterhvert uansett, den var knall god!
Ha en herlig uke:-)
Klem Guro

Roberta Laliberte said...

Very elegant and moody card! Love it!

Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays this week!

xoxox

Cor* said...

This is glorious! That's the first word that came to mind!! Thanks for playing with the fairies this week. hope to see you next week.

Phyllis said...

Gunn ~ This is just the most enchanting card!! Your fairy is just magnificent!! You are a stunning card maker!! So very creative!! I am extremely happy to have you on our team...


Phyllis MMDesign Team

Laura - Layers of Color said...

OH, how lovely! This reminds me of the fairytales my father would read at bedtime! Delightful!

thread-bare said...

What a fab card. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT xx Clare (DT) x

Rose said...

stunning card!! thanks for playing on SD :)