May 18, 2010

Wanted - Dead or Alive

What a fantastic Dance Party we had last week. It was so much fun! Thank you to all who attended and for all your wonderful links, comments, dance moves and card entries.

It is BBQ-time at the Midnight Madness this week! Watch your eyebrows 'cause this might get HOT!

I know that I should have been offering you my best BBQ-recepie, but I just don't have one. I am the kind of hotdog-burnt-on-the-outside-raw-on-the-inside BBQ-chef.

But luckily we have Craig here in Norway. Craig is of course from the US, but has decided to give his BBQ-knowlegde to us BBQ-challenged norwegians.

So whatever I need for BBQ I will find over at Craigs.

Here is this years BBQ-commersial from the biggest meatproducer in Norway. It sums up the Norwegian BBQ-skills pretty good.

But, since we have a BBQ-theme at MMSC this week, I was quite fitting that I made a Westerncard I think.




Life can take some unexpected turns once in a while. You know - like one minute you are riding your rocking horse having a blast, and then you spend a few minutes with a mean norwgian woman and suddendly you are on a Wanted poster. Poor little Ryan - he did not see that one comming.....

Ryan here is from Wags n' Wiskars and used to be a cute little guy. I altered the stamp so that it looks a bit like an old drawing. I have painted him with Distress Ink that I have added lots of water to so that it looks a bit faded.



The Wanted poster is one that I found on the net. Did a little photshopwork on it and sprayed it with Distress Ink, torn it, embossed it, let the horse walk all over it (well I would have if I had a horse!).


I had some string and some woodbeads that I tangeled (I have no idea what that word might mean) up along the side. I am not sure what it is supposed to look like.

We had a blast at the Danceparty last week! I loved to see all your outfits!
Here are our stars from last weeks Sketch Challenge:

MMSC Gold Star
Guro!

MMSC Remarkables


Grace
Gry-Beate
Barbara Anders


Way to go girls!

Legg merke til at vi har 2 norske blant vinnerne her!
Heia Norge!

Some other girls is also up for a surprise in the mailbox:

Holly Moore – “Best Dressed” Disco Party

Beadz – “Best Dance Moves”

Gwen – “Memory Lane” Thanks for sharing.

Lori – Roaring 20’s “Best Dressed” and she made hers too ;)

CrystalBee – Ross Sister Party “Best one liner” OUCH!!


Now dig out your BBQ and come join us this week.



Now to this weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.



This Weeks Sneak Peeks for our Special Blogaversary Celebration!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Our MMSC54 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....


Stamp n Create is once again our weekly Bonus Sponsor. Thank you for being a reoccurring Midnight Madness sponsor. We love working with your adorable images.

MMSC54 Weekly Bonus Prize is a $25 Voucher

Thank you Lacey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Our May Monthly Sponsor is....

PB Stamps

Dick over at PB Stamps has very generously offered up a 15% life time discount to 5 of our players….YES, you heard me right, 5 (five) winners will be randomly drawn at the end of the month!! WOW!.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challanges:

The Character cafe - recycle and reuse (my woodbeads are a necklace that I picked apart)

The Pixie Cottage - Vintage/distress

Incy Wincy Designs - blast from the past

Crafty Creations - around the world

ABC Challenges - U is for unused stash (I have had my woodbeads for a while without using it)

Tusday Taggers - Step out of your comfortzone (I am really uncomfortable with cute images)

Paper Play challenge - Brown and ? (I have used a little blue on the Ryans clothes)

Shellys Images - Anything goes



Thanks for stopping by!


28 comments:

Guro said...

Dette var råtøft Gunn, og for en historie til som alltid :-D
Er stum av beundring, du er så utrolig kreativ!
Western er skikkelig tøft, og jeg digger hvordan du jobbet med stempelet for å få den gammel effekten, supert!!!
Ha en fin uke :-)
Klem Guro

Anonymous said...

Du Gunn, Du Gunn. Dette minner din moder om en meget ung Hoppalong Cassidy, en av de virkelig store filmheltene i mine meget unge år. Gratulerer.
Mamma.

Shelly's Images said...

I love the distressed ink and the antique look that it gives your project. It is so well done!

Thanks so much for joining us at Shelly's Images for our TTT Challenge. Please visit us again soon!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Gunn, I love the unusual route that you took with Ryan. The vintage distressed is perfect! Love it!
Thanks so much for sharing Craig's BBQ too! If I ever make it to Norway I will have to try some! So glad that you have a good place to go!
Denise
MMDT

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Gunn - what a fabulous way to do this weeks challenge - I am loving your WANTED poster. Whoever thought darling little Ryan could be in such demand! I love your distressing and tearing, all that 'boy' kind of thing - it has made one great project! Thanks for the inspiration Gunn!! Thansk too for the link to Craig's BBQ!! {{{hugs}}}

craftyb said...

fantastic! Your wanted poster is fab...love the distressed feel to it all! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations! bx

Cheryl said...

this is a great poster love the vintage and disressed style to this card so well done too
many thanks for joining us at the pixie cottage this week love hugs cheryl xxxxx

Katie said...

Wonderful card, love all the crumpled, distressed parts, super!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week and Good Luck :)

Phyllis said...

Gunn, AWESOME job with that image and this weeks sketch. I love the creative idea to put that bad looking hobby horse criminal on a WANTED poster. He is very scary!! You can't tell a book by its cover!! Love all your distressing on this card. I just am not good at that but I do love the look!! Thanks for the link to the barbecue place.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Kelly said...

Wow!! What a great idea, Love the distressing. The beads and string finish it off so good. Glad to have you playing along at the Cafe this week.
Kelly

Denise @ kc242 said...

Hey Gunn, liquid smoke is a clear smokey flavored liquid that is sold in the supermarkets here in the U.S. If you can't find it your BBQ sauce is still good but just won't have that yummy smokey flavor!
Denise

Carol said...

Gunn, I just think you are so talented. I would never have come up with this for the image...and I have this image. I also have a son named Ryan...lol I love the old time wanted poster look of this. So clever and so delightful.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}

Georgia said...

Great job on the card. Love the beads. Thanks for joining us at charter cafe

Linda Ledbetter said...

This is adorable! You did an incredible job of making that little guy look like a vintage drawing!

Love the commercial,too! The scenery is just jaw-dropping... and then comes the laughter.

You're awesome. ♥

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!!You did such a good job with Ryan Gunn!I love the coloring and the rustic look and feel!!

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

This is AMAZING! I LOVE the distress work you did on it. Thanks so much for playing at TTT this week at SHELLY'S IMAGES:)

Kendra said...

Cool card! I love the grungy distressed look with that cute little guy... he sure did get himself in a mess didn't he?! LOL Thanks for playing along with us at TCC this week :)

Priscilla said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with this weeks sketch and image..You really amaze me week after week lady. Funny video you shared too. I have said this before,but you are the queen of distressing my friend..Your creations each week add so much to the unique quality of the variety of talent that graces the blog posts over at the Midnight Madness challenges. Thank you for being a part of this awesome team.
Priscilla

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

This is AWESOME! LOVE your use of the recycled necklance. Thanks so much for playing this week at THE CHARACTER CAFE!

Wenche WTE said...

Tanteunge
Dette kortet var tøft, likte godt distressen.
Tante

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

Gunn, your creative imagination is phenomenal! I love the old west vintage feel of your card this week! You've really worked outside the box on this one. :) Love it! Michelle

Heather "Hev" said...

Wow this is fanastic :)


Thank you for joining us this week at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge

Good luck :)

Please come and visit my personal blog Vanilla Hevn

Rachel said...

Adorable card!!you did a beautiful job going out of your comfort zone. Love your recycled beads. thanks for joining us at The character Cafe this week.
hugs,
Rachel

Carolyn said...

What an adorable, vintage "Wanted" card, Gunn! Who wouldn't want that little cutie? Great job on the sketch this week. Love it.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Sarita said...

Love your fab Western card Gunn! What a fantastic themed card, I love your crafting ideas, they are really unique.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, so glad you like my little sketches!
Love Sarita xx

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Gunn, you always amaze me with what you come up with and I love how little Ryan turned out. The distressing and added "Wanted" sign is awesome. Such a fabby creation girl! LOVE IT!
Thanks for the BBQ commercial!! LOL I keep thinking about the YouTube bit about Norway!!! That was too funny!
TFS
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Darsie Bruno said...

What a darling image! This came together to perfectly, Gunn!!
Hugs, Darsie

Jessica G. said...

Perfect vintage western style for this little cowboy! I want him, too!!