June 29, 2010

MMSC #60 Going to the movies



It is tuesday again and time for Midnight Madness Challenge!

Once again, it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.

"YOUR CHOICE"

Enter one style or both this week.

Just have fun and come play with us :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Our MMSC59 Gold Star Award goes to...


#8 Darlene

Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...

#14 An
#50 Marsha Sanderlin
#58 Iris

*Our MMSC60 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....

I will be offering a $20 shopping spree in my

"priscillastyles" store

Have fun and good luck :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Monthly sponsor is..

Katstamps

Check out the Grand Prize they are offering.



Not my favorite card this, but I have had some busy weeks and crafting has not been on the top of my prioritylist. This started out with the filmstrip, I wanted to make something out of that, so I found this image of an old car and thought that it was a nice fit. I added som text rub-ons and clock rub-ons to the DP. I cut out the car and put it onto a black paper with some embossed pattern - it looks kind of like a starry night dosn't it? So it became a symbioses of old Hollywood glamor, stars and movies.. or something like that *LOL*

Now run over to the MM blog and come play with us!



11 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Gunn - this is just fabulous! I love that image and the scene you have created around it - what a fabulous way to use this weeks sketch! This is just gorgeous! I love the ticket stubs and the film strip - Gunn - you have outdone yourself! Thanks for sharing and all of the inspiration you bring each week my friend! {{{hugs}}

Denise @ kc242 said...

Gunn! Wow I love your vintage card! I agree to have outdone yourself on this one! Love Love Love it!
Denise

Primitive Paper said...

Girl you have stolen my heart with this card. I want it, I want it, I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The entire soft look you have given it just contributes to the vintage theme. Thanks so much for posting this today...I am going to be back over here looking at this many times I can already feel it! Blessings, Tracy--MMDT

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Gunn, even though this is not your favorite, I think you did a great job with it. Everything flows so well with the tickets, filmstrip, car and background dp! The colors and vintage feel make it look like a night out at the movies...just perfect.
Your details are just amazing!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Carol said...

Gunn - are you just playing with us again...what do you mean this is not one of your favorites...come on fess up now. This is just spectacular in my opinion. I love this vintage style. The theme is very high glamor and sophisticated. I think it is the cat's meow!!! lol

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

pam124 said...

Well, if this is not one of your fave's Gunn, then I'm shivering in my Midnight Madness boots!! It's incredibly clever and brilliant like all of your art is. I love every element. There's so many to admire it's hard to name them all; but, suffice it to say, this is one top notch card Gunn. You really are trying hard to become the FAVE, aren't you???? LOL!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Priscilla said...

Well your card is wonderful.. very vintage of course and you know I love that..I think I have seen those tickets before LOL.. Anyway, the time is just zipping by….can you believe the Midnight Madness is on sketch #60 ?
Thank you for being on this journey with me, the rest of the team and players :)
Priscilla

Darsie Bruno said...

What a fabulous card! SO vintage and I love the color combination!! Great job!
Hugs, Darsie
Midnight Madness Design Team

Jessica G. said...

Wow -- what a fun vintage image! Your embellishments are so perfect; I especially like the tickets and the film strip -- such a wonderful touch!!
Jessica, MMSCDT

tbk100601 said...

GUNN...AWESOME card! I love your creativity with vintage!
Brenda

Carolyn said...

You are one of the most creative crafters out there. This is amazing! Wonderful job.....AND THANK YOU for the wonderful card that you sent for my birthday. It is gorgeous, and I will treasure it for years to come. You are the sweetest person ever, and I let everyone in the blog world know, because I thanked you for this on my blog. You completely deserve the recognition for your caring heart.

Hugs and thanks to you!
Carolyn