June 3, 2010

Vintage time





Look what came in the mail for me yesterday!



Look at all these pearls! There are about 10 000 of them and they are tinytiny (3mm). I have been wanting this box for a while now, but I though it was quite expencive. But no it was on sale and my aunt Wenche was so kind to buy it for me since I could not get to the store myself.
In the other box there are pearls in the same colors but they are bigger (8mm).

So it might be understandable that this card does have some pearls on it *LOL*


It is for the Drunken Stampers challenge witch is to use vintage and time. My images is a painting cut out of an artbook. It's painted by a guy named Tsuguharu Foujita (I have no idea how to pronounce that so I am happy this is all in writing) and it is called "Quai aux Fleurs ved Notre-Dame". It is a painting of a hotel called "Hotel des DEUXLIONS". I have never heard about the painter nor the hotel, but the painting looks good. And it looks even better on this card *LOL*

So that covers the vintage part I think. Myy DP is from TCP studions and is called "Ancestral Pocket Watch Brocade". Thats cool? It did have a vage image of an old pocket watch, but it did disappear a bit so used a rubon Pocket Watch also. The "moment" sentiment is also a rubon.

It is beautiful summer weather outside. I guess I must take advantage of it while it is here. It feels wrong to spend the day indoors when the sun is shining.

Have a very nice day!

7 comments:

Guro said...

Åååå så masse herlige halvperler!!! De har jeg og kikket på, men som deg har jeg og konkludert at de er litt dyre...
Stilig vintagekort du har laget, liker alle perlene, de "livet" opp.
Ha en flott dag!
Klem Guro

Linda Ledbetter said...

Gunn, this card is spectacular! The painting you used for the main image is so lovely and unusual, and it really draws you in. Gorgeous, as your art ALWAYS is!

You're going to have SO MUCH FUN with those pearls!!! What a great treasure.

Hugs,
Linda

cardcrazy said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with this weeks Drunken Stamper challenge!

ps, have fun with all those pearls!

Wenche WTE said...

Tanteunge!
Kjekt med perler, de er knallfine.
Likte kortet ditt, fint med røde detaljer og perler da. *LOL*.
Klem tante

Martine said...

ooo look at all those pearls, gorgeous :), i have a little tip for you though darlin :) :)

I buy my pearls from ebay for really really cheap, you get hundreds of different styles, here is the link where i get mine :)

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Lardysticks-Larder

just incase you want to add to your collection hehe ;)

xx

Martine

Toni said...

I LOVE your vintage time card -- it's SO beautiful!

CuddlyBunny said...

Wonderful, beautiful card!