July 18, 2010

Fly away - fly fly away




I had lots of plans for crafting for my holidays, but doing all that hard gardenwork have taken all my energy. Now I have taken a couple of days off from my huge pile of dirt and finally come into craftingmode again! This is my second post today!


Anyway, I really want to play with the Play Date Cafe again. They have some great colorchallenges. This week it was Purple, Lilac and Lime... not sure that I hit the colors spot on, but I am in the area somewhere.


I have used my Layers of Colors butterfly. I have also used other Layers of Colors stamps on the DP and I used the Layers of Colors art stencil. Yeah! I am in a Layers of Colors mood today ;o)

The butterfly was stamped twice and both images embossed with black embossing. The top was then colored with watercolorpencils and glued on top of the other with some foamdots under the wings. I have added some Stickles to the center and on the tip of the wings.



Lots and lots of flowers from WOC, some metal butterflies from Kort og Godt and lots of little beads. The beads and metal butterflies I have gotten from my aunt Wenche.



My DP is from Webster Pages. They have the most beautiful papers!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Take care and have a nice day!

Challenges
Wild Orchid Challenge - Say it with flowers
Play Date Cafe - Purple, Lilac and Lime
Our Daily Bread Design - Color it
Ann's Creative Challenge - Anything Goes
Stampavie - Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge - Summer days
Practical Scrappers - Embossing


16 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Gunn - this is just gorgeous! I love everything sbout it!! You add such divine detail on everything you do - those flowers are gorgeous - Wild Orchid will have you on their DT when they see your gorgeous cards! You have used the layers of Color Art Stencil beautifully Gunn and that butterfly looks like it could fly off the page - well done my friend! {{{hugs}}}
Linda LOC Design Team

Lynn Stevens said...

Be still my heart this is drop dead gorgeous!!! Lovin those flowers!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY OH MY!! This is soooooo GORGEOUS! I love all the details--the flowers and butterflies--the metal embellie....SUPER PRETTY! Great job all around:) Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Stephanie Kraft said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous! Love all the fab flowers.. Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Gunn! This is absolutely stunning! I so love your design with the stencil background, the butterfly and all the flowers, Gunn. So elegant!

Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge this week.

hugs,

Bonnie said...

It is stunning, I can't believe the amount of flowers on it, gorgeous!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Just stunning! Wonderful use of this weeks colors throughout your card. Great embellishments! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Debs said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Suzanne C said...

Wowzer! Love the flowers and details on this beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at the PDCC!

Ruby said...

Wow! What a beautiful card!! I love the flowers, they are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

Sarah Anderson said...

What a beautiful butterfly, and you are so clever at combining and placing your flowers. Thanks for playing at the playdate cafe :)

Julie Ranae said...

So glad you enjoy our challenges over in The Play Date Cafe...we LOVE your creations and this one is stunning!
Thanks so much for playing!

Julie Ranae said...

So glad you enjoy our challenges over in The Play Date Cafe...we LOVE your creations and this one is stunning!
Thanks so much for playing!

Kelley said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the flowers, they are beautiful!!!!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

WOW, what a gorgeous card!!! I absolutely love this fabulous butterfly and all of those beautiful roses.....breathtaking!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Stunning! thanks for playing at Allosrts

Emma xxx