July 20, 2010

Midnight Madess # 63


It is tuesday again - and that means Midnight Madness! We are doing the "your choise" as always - make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between.
Here are the sketches - aren't they great?

Enter one style or both this week.

Just have fun and come play with us :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Our MMSC62 Gold Star Award goes to...


#24 Donna Moore




Our MMSC62 Remarkables Awards this week go to...


#5 Karen Van Eijk
#20 Anne Ryan
#28 Lesley SuperNan
#41 Sue Drees

I could not make up my mind this week and ended up making two cards... I can tell it is vacationtime! But there is something about these cards that worries me a little - they are both pink.... Please keep an eye on me - if this continues I beg you to call the Nuttyhouse and have me admitted! Ok?

Card # 1

For this card I have used D'Amore Allure image Doris Mae - isn't she great? She is so beautiful!


I have colored Doris Mae with watercolorpencils and added just a hint of Stickles to the creases of her dress.

Just wanted to show you some details - her you can see the butterflies among the roses and the Stickles on her dress.

Card #2

My second card is made with a digi from Lil' Diva stamps. This stunning bride is called Goth bride, but I really don't see the Goth in her.




Quite a lot of flowers going on there - again *LOL*

The bacground stamp is from Layers of Colors - the Joyful Noise set. I stamped it in silver and then popped the bride up on foamdots. I did not color the bride, but i added some silver along the creases on her dress and then went over it with Stickles.


A little close up of the flowers.



*Our MMSC63 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....

*D' Amour Allure


Prize Includes:

A Heart Full of Sweetness Stamp

Flirty Valentine Stamp

Sasha Stamp

50 Kaiser Scrapbook Flowers – Pink

50 Kaiser Scrapbook Flowers – Magenta

50 Kaiser Scrapbook Flowers – Cream


D' Amour Allure stamps include vintage styles to character art. Please browse the collections at our exclusive retailer, http://www.mcmahonfivedesign.com/

Thank you again Jeni for your wonderful prize :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Our Monthly sponsor is..





Thank you so much for stopping by! Now run over to the Midnight Madness blog and play with us in the challenge!

Have a nice day!


Challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenge - Say it with flowers

Squiggelyfly Challenge - Beautiful Blooms
Daisy Doodles Challenge - Here Comes the bride (Card #2)
Flutter by Wednesday - Butterfly and at least 3 layers (Card #1)
Stampavie and More - Anything goes
Charisma Cardz - Pink
Just Inspirational - Something vintage (Card #1)
Stamp n doodle - Distressing (Card #1)
Stamp Something - Something digital (Card #2)





28 comments:

Carol said...

Wowie Gunn both your cards are spectacular. Look at all those luscious flowers. Just magnificent. You are keeping up with Linda now making two cards a week vying for the "favorite" spot I see!!lol

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Cec said...

Wow, both cards are lovely. Thanks for sharing the beautiful bride and all her gorgeous flowers with us at Daisy Doodles.
Hugs!
Cec

Primitive Paper said...

Girlfriend, these are BOTH spectacular cards and I don't think there are too many flowers at all. The more te better for my taste!!! Great work lady! Blessings, Tracy

Ildiko said...

Wow they both gorgeous. Nothing wrong with pink. I love the images and the flowers are gorgeous. Thx playing along with J.I this week.
hugs
Ildiko

Jan said...

these flowers are gorgeous and I love everything about your cards!

pam124 said...

Gunn, 2 cards and you and Linda are the faves??? That's it, next week I'm going to topple you both with 3 cards!! You're lucky it's summer and I don't have extra time on my hands, or I'd be working at that 3 cards as we speak!! LOL!

Gunn, what words can I use to express how beautiful your cards are. They are so distinctive and so perfectly crafted with the utmost of care to each detail. You are amazing with an array of flowers and I love your added pins and butterfly and that little silver flower in the corner. I love your vintage feel and distressing.

The 2nd card you did was fantastic as I looked at that image and wondered what I could do with it. Looks like you had no trouble at all here. It is so elegant and classy and YUMMO flowers. You did it just right to put the focus on that beautiful image.

You are one talented lady and next week's card for me will not be a CUTESY card. I don't really make CUTESY either, but I make what I'm given to use. I have learned a lot from it and enjoyed it, so that's a good thing.

Sorry to ramble, but with 2 amazing cards, what else am I supposed to do?

Hugs
pam

Jane said...

Your cards are lovely!!! I love the way you have added the flowers and butterflies.
Thanks for join in at Daisy Doodles.
Hugs, Jane

Denise @ kc242 said...

Gunn, both of your cards are beautifully done. Doris Mae's card is stunning. I love the way that you colored her. Her dress looks so dimensional. What wonderful takes on the sketch this week!
Denise

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

WONDERFUL work! Thanks so much for playing along this week at STAMP-N-DOODLE!!

Fink said...

Such a detail you do to your cards! Nice job! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp N Doodle!

Rhonda said...

Both cards are just beautiful. Your coloring on the first one is awesome. Thanks so much for playing with us at Daisy Doodles CC!

Wendy said...

These cards are stunning, love the detail on the dress ,lovely papers.
thanks for joining in at J.I Challenges

Joanne Gilch said...

Your floral arrangements on both cards are stunning. I do well to get one on mine...LOL. thank you for sharing your artistic flair with the challenge at Daisy Doodles.

Mary said...

Both cards are amazing! Thanks for playing along at Daisy Doodles.

Daniele said...

cards are gorgeous and the colouring looks great thanks for joining us at Just Inspirational
hugs

Christine said...

Gorgeous cards both of them. Thanks for joining in the just inspirational challenges-challenge 3.

Priscilla said...

Oh Gunn, what can I say..both your cards are just amazing this week..I think Linda will be a little jealous that you got to cards posted to ;) lol I just love how you pay so much attention to the details on your cards. All your extra little elements really add so much to your cards and just speaks volumes of the care you put into each card you make. I am so glad you are a part of this team. Thank you for your wonderful flair you bring to our DT :)
Priscilla

Lawren said...

Thanks for playing with us at daisy Doodles. Your flowers on your wedding cards are amazing.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Wonderful cards, Gunn! BOTH of them! You've done it again with your amazing design skills and way of bringing a little magic into everything you create!

Wenche WTE said...

Tanteunge!
Rååsa, du overgår deg selv, er det mulig. Fantastiske korter.
Tante

Dena said...

Your cards are so pretty! I love the way you arranged the flowers on the second one!
Thank you so much for joining the very first Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge, we hope you will join us again!
Hugs, Dena

Kiki said...

Wow, fantastic cards. Like all the flowers you've used!

Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautifully detailed vintage cards, love them! Thanks so much for going digi with us at Stamp Something this week. :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Both of your cards are absolutely gorgeous. Love both the vintage image and modern bride -- your designs are fabulous. The coloring of your vintage image is awesome, so soft and lovely What did you use to blend your watercolor pencils that did not cause the image's ink to bleed?

PS. Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment on my card. The flourish and sentiment is part of the design of the paper I used.

Tracey said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards Gunn, love the beautiful flowers :)

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Holly said...

Gunn! That is one stunning creation. I love the colors, flowers, image... ALL OF IT! I never would have guessed you used watercolor pencils on it. Very nicely colored. This is just a spectacular card. The details are amazing.

Holly

tbk100601 said...

Hi Gunn!! WOWWW!!! You definately caught my eye yet again on your absolutely GORGEOUS vintage cards!! I cannot put into words how drop dead gorgeous they are!! Keep it up!!

Brenda

Monika Reeck said...

May I tell you...I love your wedding card dear...may I ask you which Images it is..sooo adorable and soo elegant and your card is ELEGANT too...good luck with the challenge...thanks for joining us at Daisy Doodles...hugs, Monika