July 13, 2010

MMSC #62 Little red corvette


And honey, I say Little Red Corvette
Baby, U're much 2 fast (Oh)
Little Red Corvette
U need a love that's gonna last
~Prince ~

This card is made of paper from the Paper Temptress. I have used the the Black velvet and Gold sparkle. I am not sure how to explain the sensation of working with this paper. My photos can never really do this justice.
Paper is a touch an feel thing to me so ordering online was difficult, but BOY I am happy that I did. The Black velvet paper is the most fantastic paper I have ever touched. It is soft and smooth. You can emboss it, and you can distress it. It distresses beautifully! It is just an amazing paper.
The Gold Sparkle is the most beautiful paper you will ever find. This is the kind of paper you would want to buy loads of to make sure you never run out! It really sparkles! Make sure you have loads of this for your christmascards!


The ribbon is also from the Paper Temptress. She has some amazing ribbons over there!

I have used stamps from Layers of Colors, All Night Media and Great Impression. The swirl over the car has been embossed with gold embossingpowder.


My FAB car is from Doodles Palace. These cars did not come with a metallic paint, but I took some artistic freedom there ;o) You want to come for a ride with me?


Challenges

Gingersnap Creations - Heat (This car is HOT!)
Shelly's Images - Anyday and Anything

Don't forget that Over at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge you will always have the choice between the fancy sketch or the CAS sketch.

Enter one style or both this week.

Just have fun and come play with us :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Our MMSC61 Gold Star Award goes to...

#9 Lesley aka SuperNan

Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...

#2 Karen Wallace
#23 Sue Drees
#41 Sharon Basel
#50 Marsha Sanderlin

*Our MMSC62 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....

https://www.papertemptress.com/

Everyone has absolutely fallen in love with the PaperTemptress products. They have Cryogen White Iridescent paper which is perfect for coloring with Copics and their Mica/Metallic line is divine. If you have not tried her papers, just take a look at what the Midnight Madness DT has made this week. We were all spoiled by Patricia and have used her yummy papers on our sample cards.

The lucky winner this week will win a $25 voucher to her store. Thank you Patricia, we just love your products.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Monthly sponsor is..

Sew Many Cards




Entering our challenge is as easy as 1-2-3 :)

1. Please become a “FOLLOWER”

2. Tag with MMSC62 when uploading to galleries.

3. Enter your project to " inlinkz" below & leave a comment

MMSC62 ENTRY DEADLINE Monday July 19th at 5pm PST




15 comments:

Carol said...

Now Gunn, is this the little "Red Corvette" that you wished you had??? lol I can see you in this driving down the road much to fast. You have got to slow down!!! What a delightful card so full of fabulous details. Enjoy your parents this week! Will miss your camaraderie!!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

pam124 said...

Gunn, you always ROCK the Midnight Madness Challenges with your own special flair. You took The Paper Temtress card stock and made it magical. My gosh, I wish I could see and feel that black velvet in person and the sparkly gold card stock. . Your image is amazing, love the gold swirl, pearls, flower and embossed gold swirl. You did a dynamite job!!

Hugs
pam

Priscilla said...

Hi Gunn, well first let me say, you never disappoint do you? I love your car and your gold embossing is so perfect. All your accents go perfect with the image. Your post is wonderful and you never miss a beat with all the info you share. Thank you for that. The sponsors I am sure are thrilled. Thanks for being such a wonderful DT member and for all that you do. You are amazing.
Priscilla

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your take on the sketch Gunn with the yellow and black background and the car which just jumps off the card! Gorgeous!! The embossing is the perfect touch!
hugs,
Chris

Denise @ kc242 said...

Gunn, you are one of the best at Masculine cards. This card of yours is spot on gorgeous. Love it!
Denise
MMDT

Primitive Paper said...

WOW...this really screams...MAN-CAVE-CARD!!! I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!
You have achieved the perfect colors and shading on that gorgeous red car.

Laura said...

Great take on the heat theme. Fantastic car.Thanks for playing along at Gingersnaps.

Phyllis said...

Gunn, What an AWESOME card!! That car is wonderful. Have you ever ridden in one?? I have, I had a friend one time who had one in red like this and another friend who had one in silver. They were the dream car when I was young. (The Thunderbird was HOT also!!) Great job with all the beautiful papers and that image.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Linda Ledbetter said...

Even Prince himself would love your little red Corvette, Gunn! What a GORGEOUS card! The black and yellow are perfect with that hot, HOT car!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello-o-o Gunn! What a fabulous card! I love this image and the way you have used it with this weeks sketch! Great DP's Gunn and the texture is divine! Your Layers of Color looks fabulous too Gunn - you are one amamzing stamper!! Thansk for all of the inspiration and the unique touches you bring to MMDT! Love it! {{{hugs}}}

Darsie Bruno said...

What a fantastic masculine card! I received some of the black velvet paper as well, and you are right! It's to die for!! Wonderful details on this card!
Hugs, Darsie
MMSC DT

tbk100601 said...

Hi Gunn!! I LOVE your card this week!! Vintage!! I love it!! The colors are wonderful!! You did an awesome job this week (as always)!!

Brenda

Holly said...

Gunn! What a fabulous card! I wish I'd ordered some of that paper but I love the ones I picked. Paper Temptress is one great store. I used to sing and dance around like an idiot to that Prince song LOL. I love the vintage look of your creation and all the details.

Holly

Gingersnap Stampers said...

I agree! That car is hot! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Heat Challenge!

Terry said...

Oh yes! Corvettes are hot and so is you card! Love it!