July 27, 2010

MMSC #64 Shine a light



It is tuesday and time for some Midnight Madness!
Are you ready?


Once again, it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember the sneak peek for the following weeks sketch each Friday.



"YOUR CHOICE"




Enter one style or both this week.


Just have fun and come play with us :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Our MMSC63 Gold Star Award goes to...


#5 Karin Van Eijk


Our MMSC63 Remarkables Awards this week go to...

#20 Dorcas
#31 Bonnie O'Clair
#45Carolyn Miller



Our MMSC64 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....




Stamp and Create and is offering a $25.00 gift certificate.



Stamp and Create is an on-line store carrying many popular brands of stamps, paper, and embellishments including: Wags ‘n Whiskers Rubber Stamps, High Hopes Stamps, Sweet Pea, CC Designs, Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps, Whiff of Joy, Stampavie, Penny Black, The Greeting Farm, Basic Grey, 7 Gypsies, Shimmerz, Nestabilities (always 20% off!!), charms and more!! Lacey is always adding new items to the store…so check it out at www.stampandcreate.com
**Plus for the term of this challenge MMSC64, all Midnight Madness participants/blog readers can receive 10% off your total order!! Use discount code MMSC64(all one word - all CAPITOL letter) at check out.
Thanks Lacey for your wonderful prize this week!!




I have used Priscillastyles latest digi for this card. It is called Oil lamp and can be found here. Isn't it great?


Had to turn to Tim Holtz grungeboard for this. I embossed them with Vintage Photo embossing and added a hinge at the top and the bottom of the image. I also embossed a grungeboard flourishes and then I added pearls on the outside of it.


And then of course - some flowers - never a card without them *LOL*






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**Our Monthly sponsor is..






Sew Many Cards





Thank you so much for stopping by! I would love to hear what you think!

Have a nice day - and don't forget to come play with us!

Challenges:
Creative Inspirations - Anything goes
Wild Orchids - Lovely lace
Stampavie and more - Anything goes



19 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Gunn - this is vintage at it's best! I love this image and the grungeboard - it is divine! Gorgeous colours Gunn - you are definitely one of my favourite artists - your style just 'sits right' with me! Those pearls lining the grungeboard flourish are a great touch - I am loving this Gunn - L-O-V-I-N-G it! Thanks for all of the inspiration - it is fabulous! {{{hugs}}}

Denise @ kc242 said...

Gunn, I do believe that you and Linda are the best vintage card artists that I know! Wow this card is wonderful. I love how the blue color pops on the card! Beautiful embellishments too!
Denise

Carol said...

Gunn-Just popped into your blog this morning and saw your title. Shine a Light. Well now I got this song in my head by Elton John:
Shine a light shine a light
Shine a light won't you shine a light
Philadelphia freedom I love you, yes I do
Now you will be singing it all day too!!! lol

WOW you have done a fabulous job with this digi of Priscilla's. I love the grunge board and the hinges and the pearls ink everything. You are really in your element when you are doing vintage. Just fabulous and awesome. Your work is amazing.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Darsie Bruno said...

Wow! Gunn, all the details you put on your card makes it such a fabulous creation!!
Hugs, Darsie

Cor* said...

This is just gorgeous, I love that image with the distressing & that bling with those flowers., It is simply magical!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Creative INspirations this fortnight.

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Hello Gunn, can I say WOW...this is just gorgeous girl....vintage at its finest for sure. Love the brown and blue combo and the lamp which you colored so beautifully! Love all the details on this one. It's great to be back looking at all your great creations.
TFS
Hugs,
Charlotte
PS: your digi turned out great..well done! Keep em coming!

Giò said...

WOW!!! Another stunning card!!! I love the color combo and the image is sooo cute!!
Thanks for joining us at SAM challenge.

Hugs
Giò

pam124 said...

Why are you all sabotaging me. I wanted to use this image down the road, but how can I now that I've seen what you've done with it. Mine would pale in comparison Gunn. Your cards are so, so fabulous, I just don't know what to say. Your papers, distressing, showcasing of Priscilla's oil lamp image, flowers are just filled to the brim with the vintage flair you are known for!! WOW, WOW, WOW!!

Are you also trying to be the fave too with this one? Everyone's after my status place!!! LOL!!

Hugs
pam

Basement gal said...

What a gorgeous card. Thanks for entering the creative inspirations challenge this week.

Primitive Paper said...

First of all this is one of my favorite color combos to use together. Reminds me of the brown bathtub we used to have and my Mom decorated with those soft bloe accents...no one could beleive it when they came into our house how pretty it was. And by the way...I would love to know if you ordered your flowers online...beautiful accent to add to an outstanding card. Blessings, Tracy

marsha said...

Love the brown and blue! Your designs are stunning and this is just vintage at it's best!

Hugs, Marshs

Phyllis said...

Gunn this is just GORGEOUS!! Love what you have done with Priscilla awesome image and wonderful sketch! Your colors and all those pretty embellishments are beautiful!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Sue said...

Hi Gunn, what a beautiful card. As always, you have worked your magic with the vintage look. Priscilla must have been so excited to see what you did with the oil lamp digi. I love your signature flowers too. Just stunning, so many details.

Hugs
Sue Drees

Loved your first digi and the story behind it is even better!!
xoxo

tbk100601 said...

Hi Gunn!! WOW!! Your card this week is absolutely BREATHTAKING!! Beautiful colors!! Fabulous job!!

Brenda

Holly said...

Gunn, I LOVE this! Nice color combos and beautiful flowers. I really like the lamp digi too! ....and that hinge, you do collage so well.


Holly

Benzi said...

Unique, gorgeous work, and a splendid card. I am checking out those hinges..just perfect!

Stampin Mindy said...

This is beautiful, love the flowers and all of the pearls.

Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts.

Hugs, Mindy

Priscilla said...

So sorry I am so late with my comments, first things first...love the blog make over..it looks awesome..I thought I was on the wrong blog..lol now to your awesome card. You have really outdone yourself.. I love the accents on this card and you made the image look amazing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart :)

Priscilla

craftykitten said...

Gorgeous card, so different and great colours. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inpsirations.