July 6, 2010

MMSC#61 Sleeping baby


It's tuesday again! That means it is time for some Madness - Midnight Madness that is! Are you ready for that? Come on and join us, we have a lot of fun!

I would like to take the time to remind you about the CDAC also. New challenges have just started over there and the free digis are all over the place!



My co-worker had a baby June 25th. It was a cute little babyboy with the name of Max.
I made this card for him, his parents and a proud big sister!

I don't do a lot of cute card so this was quite a challenge. Luckily I had this adroable image from Sew Many Cards. Having hte right image does help a lot *LOL* Thank you Angela! Go check out Sew Many Cards - you would not belive all the adorable digis you can find there!





I printed the image 4 times and cut out each piece. I colored them with watercolor pencils. The moon was then embossed with a Holographic embossingpowder and the cloud with clear embossing and then paperpieced together. I then poped up the baby on foamdots.







I added this little charm saying "made with love", I think this has a double meaning to this card. Yes, I made this card with love, but I do certainly hope that the baby was made with love too ;o) Well, I know he was - and i know he will be loved!

I have used 3 different colored pearls on the panels. And a single rose with a keycharm. These twocolored roses are very cool I think. They were a gift from my lovely Aunt Wenche!

As always we are playing "your choise" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between.

Just have fun and come play with us :)

Check out the Midnight Madness Blog for this weeks sketches!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our MMSC59 Gold Star Award goes to...


Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...


Please grab your award logos from the side bar and display them proudly :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our MMSC59 Weekly Bonus Winner is...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


*Our MMSC56 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....

http://www.doodlepalace.com/




**Our July Monthly Sponsor is....

*Sew Many Cards

Here is a little bit about our awesome sponsor this this month....

My name is Angela and I own Sew Many Cards. I have a husband, an almost 10year old daughter, a two year old son, & a dog/puppy:

Hershey. The images of Sew Many Cards came from a dream that my husband had of a group of animals that were "SEWN Together" with patches & stitching, hence the name, which he also came up with. You will find that every image in the Sew Many Cards collection has patches and stitching, even the ones that are not animals. I love to draw & almost every image is either an inspiration from my family or a request from my great customers & design team. Please ask if you need something specific or would like to request something to be made.

You can find all her adorable images at http://shop.sewmanycards.com/

Here is a pic


PLUS a $20 GC to SMC shop

Wow thank you Angela :)

OOH would i love to win this prize!



Entering our challenge is as easy as 1-2-3 :)

1. Please become a “FOLLOWER”

2. Tag with MMSC61 when uploading to galleries.

3. Enter your project to " inlinkz" below & leave a comment

MMSC61 ENTRY DEADLINE Monday July 12th at 5pm PST

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see that you have been here so please leave me a comment, but then you must run over to Midnight Madness and enter the challenge *LOL*





16 comments:

LINDA said...

Simply adorable.. love the darling little image and all the details are wonderful.. very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

Denise @ kc242 said...

Gunn, Love this baby card that you created. I especially like the way the background reminds me of a starry night. Beautifully done!
Denise

Carol said...

Gunn this is just darling. Your flower accents are simply superb. What a beautiful way to welcome this sweet little boy of your friends into the world. A treasure keepsake for years to come, I am sure.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Priscilla said...

Hi Gunn, well I must say that your card is just adorable this week. I know you made Angela very proud. Your can make any image look amazing be it cute or dramatic. Thank you for bringing your talent once again to the Midnight Madness sketches.
Priscilla :)

Sew Many Cards said...

Wow Gunn! I love the cutsie card-for not doing them, you sure did a beautiful job! I love all the added details and expecially that little charm. The flowers and lace really make the card POP!
I'm really happy you used the image so well --- do you mind if I steal it an add it to the SMC gallery????

Angela
Sew Many Cards

Phyllis said...

Gunn, You have done a wonderful job with this precious image. I love your stary night behind the moon!! You will be a tough act to follow......thanks for all the inspirtaion!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Gunn! For someone who doesn't so adorable (and we all say that at the beginning - LOL!) you certainly nailed this challenge eith that ever so sweet image! I love all of the touches you add Gunn, I know they are always so meaningful and make your cards delightful! Thanks for sharing your art and your heart! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Wenche WTE said...

Tanteunge!
Babykort kan du lage ser jeg. Mye arbeid har du lagt ned. Kjempefint.
Tante

Pat (mspfd) said...

What an elegant baby card! Love your image and your beautiful interpretation of the sketch You details are amazing.

Darsie Bruno said...

so many details to your darling baby card! I just love everything!
Hugs, Darsie

pam124 said...

Gosh, Gunn, I wrote you a really long write up on this winner of a card and don't know if it took it or not. I wanted to make sure you knew how fabulous I think you did in showcasing Sew Many Card's image. The dimensional layering you achieved with this image is incredible and who couldn't fall in love with those flowers, lace and charm. The whole thing is awesome and I know you co-worker wll flip out over this very special creation for Max!

Hugs
pam

Carolyn said...

What a sweet card for your friend, and you do cute cards every bit as wonderful as all of your other cards. You couldn't make a bad card if you tried! I love this. Congrats to your co-worker. I am sure they will treasure this for years.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Primitive Paper said...

SUPER sweet baby card!!! I am not good with baby images but you have sparked my interest enough 'till I just might try it. Thanks so much for always showing your best work for us! Blessings, Tracy

Karen Hanim said...

I love it! Love the blue for the baby and all of the sweet little things you included. I have never heard of holographic embossing powder. Sounds interesting!

tbk100601 said...

Hi Gunn!! What an absoultely ADORABLE card!! I love the colors you chose for the sketch!! That image is precious! Awesome job!

Brenda

Holly said...

Well, I'd say you do cute REALLY well! I just love all those flowers and the charm. It's fun sometimes to challenge ourselves and "think outside the box". I bet you'd do great with any style card.

Holly