August 3, 2010

MMSC#65


It is tuesday again - the weeks just flyes away. I started work again yesterday. The summer is over and soon fall will be here.

This weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.

"YOUR CHOICE"

Enter one style or both this week.

Just have fun and come play with us :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our MMSC64 Gold Star Award goes to...

Dreamtime!

Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...

Peggy

Sue Drees

Marsha Sanderlin


Congratulations girls!



.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Our MMSC65 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....

"priscillastyles" Store

One winner will recieve my newest digital release set from my store,

Plus

4 more digis/digi set of their choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Our Aug Monthly Sponsor is....

Michelle Perkett Studio

Michelle has offered our Aug monthly winner this wonderful prize worth $100

Prize includes everything in the picture including a $25 shopping spree in her store.

Thank you Michelle for your awesome prize and for letting our DT use some of your wonderful images too. We love working with your magical images. Thank you again Michelle :)







This card was one of those that took me almost a week to make. I could not decide what to do with this skecth, so I tried one image, and then I tried another image - then I desided what image to use and then I forgot about it. I finally ende up with Priscillastyles Corset - it is perfect for the sketch! The roses just begs to be highlighted - so why resist?


I gave the corset a hadwritten background before I printed it. I printed it twice, colored one of them black and cut it out. Poped it up on foamdots for dimension. I added som white lace and lots of white pearls. At the bottom I added two black roses - they don't show very well in the picture.


The whole card is made just out of black and white cardstock. The backround was stamped with several different stamps from Layers of Colors, then I added a big pice of lace that I got in a RAK from Lovely Linda. I know I should be careful and save, but it looks soo good!
Thank you Linda!


Then I added a black satin ribbon that my mum bought for me. Thank you mum!
At the top and bottom of the centersquare I have added some black lace that I got in a RAK form my Aunt Wenche! Thank you Wenche!
(Lots of thank you's going on to day )
The swirl is embossed with Black Soot EP and the heart is embossed with red EP.




Challenges:
Stampvie and more - Black, White and one more
Dutch Dare Challenge - Anything goes
Daring Cardmakers - It's a girl thing
Creative Inspiration Challenge - Anything goes
Paper play Challenge - Anything goes
Sew Many Challenge - Anything goes
Stamping with Dragon - Distressing
Ellephantastic Challenge - Distressing
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge - Black and white



24 comments:

Carol said...

Gunn this is wonderful done in black and white and highlight by that one touch of color with the pretty rose. It is so vintage and so beautifully crafted. Fantastic work.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Gunn - this is just sensational! I am sure it would take centre place in Victoria's Secrets!!! LOL! Love the balck and white with the red! Your backgrousd script is perfect - I thought it was a stamp! Love to see you can use the lace - gorgeous! Your roses are the perfect touch Gunn - totally DIVINE my friend! Thanks for shsaring - I always look forward to seeing what you come up with! I am loving this my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Sammibug said...

Wow, this is gogeous! Love the colors and detail. Thanks for playing along in our challenge at Stamping With The Dragon.

pam124 said...

Gunn, you have taken Priscilla's beautiful image to a new level. This is so classy with the black and white and added pearls, flowers and b /g script writing. Of course the black lace from Linda goes so perfectly with this image. You have done an incredible job!!

Hugs
pam

Ellephantastic Cards and Crafts said...

Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic Challenges this week with your stunning card. What a beauty.
Hugs
Helen x

Denise @ kc242 said...

Gunn, you always manage to make Priscilla's digis look spectacular. Love the black and white. Your dp goes perfectly with that lovely image! Beautiful.
Denise

Shelley said...

gorgeous card. Love the pearls on the corset!

True :) said...

So glad you took me up on the invitation to join us in Really Reasonable Ribbon's "Black and White" challenge!
Your project is beautiful!
Please bookmark our team's Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings blog or add us to your challenge blog list. We have 2 challenges a month on the 1st and the 15th and would love to have you join us as a regular!
Good luck in the prize drawing!
Hugs,
True :D

Monika Reeck said...

Your card so STUNNING...love everything on your card....oh wooow.....I am joining the Stampavie Challenge too and my card is number 67, would you mind to see my Blog?Many thanks before, hugs, Monika.

Cheryl said...

this really is one stunning card,the colurs the layout,the design love it all bless you for playing at creative inspirations,this week,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

Holly said...

Gunn, this one is AB FAB! I love everything you did to it...it is by far my favorite Priscilla digi. I never get tired of using this one. All the details and embellishments work so well together and make this a stunner.

Holly

Inspired By Friends said...

Love this card! The colors and all are great! Thanks for playing with us at Stamping Dragon Design.

marilynprestonn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the feminine look of your card, the bustier is so pretty. Love your work Gunn

dragonllew said...

stunning card I love the addition of the red rose. Thanks for joining us at Stampin with the Dragon & good luck.
Jenny x

Kiki said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the color combo and all the little details!

Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Gunn, another GORGEOUS corset card from you! I think this is my all time fav. the black and white together is stunning, classy and with the added touch of red....va va va voom! FABULOUS!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Lilacanglia said...

fabulous
Thanks for joining us at Ellephantastic,
Hugs
Angie
Elle DT

Priscilla said...

Hi Gunn, I am just amazed at how wonderful you work the corset image. Your attention to detail is exceptional and all your special added extras just make this card go over the TOP!! You never disappoint with your creations and I am honored that you use my images. Thank you so much.
Priscilla

Dragons Lair Designs said...

Congratulations on TOP 3 at Stampin with the Dragon please pop by and pick up your badge from the sidebar :)

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon Designs

KarinsArtScrap said...

hallo gunn

thank you for your lovely comment on my jesus with dove card but that is not my mmsc 65 card this card cold vintage shoe.
but thank you of your kind words.

and this card of yours is great,
many things too see love that corset.


greetings karin

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is incredible! Your detailing is amazing. Love the dimension, texture and fresh look you have given the corset image. Love what you have done with the sketch.

marsha said...

Absolutely gorgeous! This looks like a Victoria Secret advertisement! Love all the detail and that racy black!

Hugs, Marsha

tbk100601 said...

Hi Gunn!! WOW!!! You have totally outdone yourself in my eyes this week!! I am a sucker for black and white images..and you added the hint of red!! FABULOUS!! I love everything about it!

Brenda

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow, what a great card, so many details.

Thank you for joining Really Reasonable Ribbon's Black and White Challenge.

Hugs, Mindy

PS. Have have some blog candy over on my blog, if you'd like to check it out!