September 4, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow Fall Blog Hop



We are just a few weeks away to the official start of fall. To celebrate, we are kicking off the season today at Sugar Creek Hollow with some fantastic Fall Digis and a Brand New Design Team. Come take a look at who's is in the team. They have some great cards to show you using the latest digis. Then, make sure to visit the store to purchase any of these great digis. We even have some Vintage gift ideas you can purchase.

This is my first post for SCH. This week we are promoting Tracy's autum digi's trough a blog hop.
Take a look at what the other designers have created - I promise you a lot of great artwork!

I fell in love with the Spider web quilt set and made this explotionbox with it.
In the center I have 4 spider popping up when it opens.

Explotion boxes are fun to make. Here is a guide for it - it is in norwegian, but it is quite easy.
You need:
3 12"x12" papers for the box and 1 8"x8" for the lid.
On the 3 sheets for the box on the bottom paper don't do anything - the 2 paper cut of 1/4 inch on two sides and on the 3 paper cut of 1/5 inch on to sides.
Then just follow the pictures on this tutorial.


I have decorated all the sides of my box.
The outer page:

I have covered all my spiders in Diamond Glaze to give them a pretty shine. They do look good don't they *LOL*

The middle page:



Here I have used the Add-a-face-pumking. I had this cute stamp of a set of eyes so I gave the pumkin a face. I am not sure if it looks pretty or distubing - a pumking with eyes.... not really comfortable with it!

The center of the box of course got the most attention:
Some sculls surronded by flowers and some gold spiderweb (well that was what I was trying to make it look like).


Some blood running




Some more spiders of course

And some more disturbing black flowers and a scull

I think I used all my scull charms for this project! Thanks aunt Wenche for giving me such useful charms ,o)

The lid was decorated with a big shiny spider and lots of red and black beads.






And of course little more black roses, a scull and some golden spiderweb ;o)


I also made a gift tag to go with the box, makes a nice little gift set - right?

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you will take a tour and visit my DT sisters to see what they have made!

  1. Tracy, Owner
  2. Joseline, DT Coordinator
  3. Mary
  4. Marsha
  5. Nancy
  6. Sally
  7. Kelly
  8. Stephanie
  9. Cec
  10. Sharon
  11. Renee
  12. Joni
  13. Lisa
  14. Donna
  15. Julie
  16. Megan
  17. You are here!
  18. Heide
  19. Dawn
  20. Sugar Creek Hollow
Have a great day!
I would love for you to leave me a comment
so that I know you have been here!


Challenges:
Gingersnap Creations - Red and black

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Layers
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything but a card
Stampavie and more - Anything but a card
The ABC Challenge - C is for charms (all my sculls are charms)



"Images©Sugar Creek Hollow"

30 comments:

Teri said...

WOW hun - pretty stunning stuff! Love all the skulls and webby bits - great job!
Hugs,
Teri x

Heide said...

WOWziers! This is quite the project! So cool, love how you used the spiders with the black roses. This looks like it took you forever to make, awesome work!

stephanie said...

WOW, I LOVE it. What a really cool and fun project. You really captured Halloween here.

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

What a great box! I'm creeped out by spiders and webs but I LOVE yours! The eyes on the cute pumpkin are great too. It's an eerie little project. Great job!

Joseline said...

Girl, this is over the top!! Some day I will be inspired by this and will try to make this box. All the details are incredible.

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely fabulous work, Gunn! This blew me away on the DT blog and to see it now again, and in such detail, it's just absolutely amazing! This is one to be proud of! Beautiful!! Have a blessed weekend!

Cec said...

OMG, all I can say is stunning. I just can't imagine how long this took to make with all the fantastic embellishments and added details.
Hugs!
Cec

Mary Duffek said...

Wow! so very creative....great job!

marsha said...

WOW, your explosion box is totally "spooktacular"! You have added so many dynamic elements - every time I look at it I see something new. you have really rocked with this creation! Awesome job!
Hugs, Marsha

Primitive Paper said...

FANTABULOUS!!!!!!!! I love all the extra photos you have provided for us. This is a gift in itself but I can see tucking a few Halloween goodies inside of it too. Excellent project this week. Thanks so much for all your hard work in getting ready for today. I appreciate it and am so glad you joined us. Love, Tracy

Pat (mspfd) said...

Amazing. Your creativity never ceases to amaze. Hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi, you always surprice me. Be sure that the box didnot stay at your bed in the nigth, when the spiders start living.
Love Mamma

MrsK said...

hey girl these are simply stunning!! You rock! hugz xx

Dawn Edwards said...

What a fabulous project and such creative elements.

jonim52 said...

Fabulous box and tutorial.

Donna Moore said...

You so rock! I'll bet you love giving out the goodies to all the ghost and gobblins at Halloween! This project has so many amazing aspects to it, you just thought of everything to make this the most fantastic and over the top project. I was so amazed as I studied each of your photos but said an audile "yuk" when I got to the dripping blood. Gunn you are the one!

Megan said...

Wonderful box! Soooo creative!

Lisa Atha said...

Wow, this is stunning! It looks like it took a long long time to make!

Lisa

Lisa B said...

WOW! I love, love, love this!! I love Halloween and you truly represented it here with this great project!!

Thanks for playing with our "Anything but a Card" challenge this week over at the Sisterhood.

LynneForsythe said...

Girl...now that is SOME LAYERS!! what a Fab box and tab!!
thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOWSA! This is "freakin'" amazing! LOVE all the spooky elements ... you are so creative ... this would have taken me a month to make!! Well done my friend!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you again for next week's challenge!

Diane Davies said...

What a cool and spooky box!! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

Guro said...

WOW Gunn, du er noe for deg selv! Denne boksen er helt utrolig; flotte farger og effekter, kreativ og råstilig! Gratulerer med DT plass; de er heldige som har deg med på laget, du er bare så dyktig! Tagen matchet perfekt til dette settet :-)
Ha en fin kveld.
GLEDER meg til å følge dine "krumspring" videre!
Klem Guro

kim-paperbabe said...

WOW Gunn, this is one stunning exploding box all the details are magnificent!!! and each side so well thought through and many layers too!
The Design Team and I are so pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week
Thank you
HuGs Kim :)

Nancy said...

Wow, your attention to detail is awe-inspiring!! I love the explosion box...it is super fun!! Welcome to the SCH team!!

Julie said...

Gunn - I LOVE LOVE LOVE your box. It is absolutely stunning, yet so spooky!

Sharon Basel said...

What a masterpiece - just fabulous Gunn! You put a lot of work into this wonderful explosion box that is a perfect showcase for so many of the fall SCH digis. Just love all the details and creativity in this!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cool spiders and webs!! This is awesomely creepy!! :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

CONGRATULATIONS! This creation was the top winner over on THE SISTERHOOD ... hop on over and grab your award!!

Gingersnap Stampers said...

This is an AMAZING project! Thanks for taking the Gingersnaps Color Challenge!