September 18, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow Saturday






It is Sugar Creek Hollow Saturday. This week the DT's got a colorchallenge. Black, Ridinghood red and vanilla. I chose to use this amazing Door image from the Behold, I stand at the door - set. I colored it with watercolorpencils. Then I mistreated it (or distressed it if you like), I crumbeled it and I sandpapered it and just gave it a hard time for a while ;o)
I also had some Distress Embossingpowder here and there, but it does not show very well in the photo.

Around the door I first had a string of beads then I added roses and some other small flowers that I don't know the name of. Then I added small red and white beads in between.
The black lace is one I got from the Lovely Linda, the DP is from my mum, the big charm and some of the flowers are from my aunt Wenche.
Thank you!

Now stop by the Sugar Creek Hollw DT blog and see what this amazing group of ladies have created for you today!



Thanks for stopping by - I am about to go outside and fix my bike - again!
Have a great saturday!


Challenges:
Alphabet - U is for Unused stash (My big charm, the small flowers)
Fairy Fun Fridays - wet or dry embossing
Sew Many Cards - DIGI IMAGE and wet or dry embossing
Stamp Man - distress
Stamp Something - use something digital
ABC Challenge - D is for Distressing
Creative Belli - embellishments starting with B (beads)
Tuesday Throwdown - distressing


26 comments:

~Jeri~ said...

Wow what a beautiful, creative and very original card!! I love everything about it. All the embellies and different elements are perfect!! Absolutely amazing!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Sew ManY Challenges!

Nancy said...

Wow!! Your cards always wow me!! You take details to whole new level!! I love the charms, and I would gladly walk through this lovely door!!

Sharon Basel said...

Gorgeous! I am in awe of this card. All the details are amazing and sum up to a great beauty. Beyond words to describe this card really. Great work Gunn - I'm learning much from you!

Heide said...

What fabulous detailing on your card! The flowers are the perfect added touch!

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

What a beautiful card. It reminds me of a doorway on an old French cottage in springtime. I love the little embellishment that looks like a lantern beside the door.

Primitive Paper said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Here we go again...I love your embellies! The distressing on this card is just fabulous. You really have a way with Vintage that never gets old. Everything you do turns to gold. EXCEPTIONAL work on this card! Tracy

marsha said...

Definitely a WOW card! I just love all the roses and such great distressing! Truly a beautiful vintage creation!
Hugs, Marsha

Bev said...

Beautiful card - I love everything about it. Fantastic colour combo. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

Dawn Edwards said...

Your cards always make me stare at them. All the details are amazing and I love the inspiration you provide. Amazing Work and Thanks for sharing your talent.

Mary Duffek said...

So pretty! Love all the layers, pearls and flowers...so pretty!

Julie said...

Your card is fabulous! I love how you have colored the door, and the flowers around the door are beautiful.

Hugz,
Julie

Sarita said...

What a wonderful little scene you have created Gunn! It makes me want to open the door and see what's behind it!
Love sarita xx

Margreet said...

Such a pretty card.....thanks for joining Fairy Fun Friday's embossing challenge!
xxx Margreet

Joseline said...

Beautiful card Gunn, I love the heart on the door.

Donna Moore said...

How did I miss this one in the preview????? What a stunning creation, it is not just stunning it is amazingly stunning! I love this image, it is probably one of my all time favorites of Tracy's and your creativity has really showcased this magnificently!! wowzer!!

I hope you are feeling better!!!

hugs
donna

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Gunn - you Rock - we already know that but you have shown us again why - this is amazing! I love the scrunching and all you have done to that door - amazing! Gorgeous lace and flowers too - this is a masterpiece - you should ne very proud of your cards - they are fabulous my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Lisa Atha said...

Gunn,

I love this card, the embellishments are awesome!

Lisa

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

You ALWAYS inspire me! This is absolutely amazing! LOVE IT!

kim.mom said...

AWESOME!!!! TFS with us at SMC!

Davi said...

Fab creation...love all the layers and elements. Thanks for sharing it with us here at TT this week.

Robin Parker said...

Your door on your card looks real enough to open. lLke the idea of roses going around the frame. Thanks for sharing at the Belli challenge with your string of beads.

Sue C said...

Gorgeous card, the image is fab ! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge. Sue C x

Carolina said...

Great card.
Thank you for joining the alphabet challenge

The Stamp Man said...

Fantastic card with lots of detail to admire

Thank you for entering it into The Stamp Man challenge

Jill

made by fifi said...

pretty card -thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo gorgeous...sooo many lovely details and I especially love the beautiful image!!!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!