October 26, 2010

MMSC#77 Going way back in time

 
It is tuesday again. The weeks fly by and it will be christmas before you know it!


Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.


Our MMSC76 Gold Star Award goes to...
Betty Wright


Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...
Brenda Kluge
Rita
Gudrun
Sandee

.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Our MMSC77 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....


**Our October Monthly is....


Click here to see the prize
Thank you again Jeni for your wonderful prize :)



I have been playing with this supercute little bookworm from Robyns Fetish. Some of you may know that I am bit over normal interested in books. 
So he was an obvious choise for me.
I did dream my self away making this card. So this little bookworm lives in the old library of Alexandria, not the new one, but the old one that burned down some 1600 years ago. That is why he is placed on a background of hieroglyphs - don't show on the photo, but they are there. He is surrounded by old maps and old writings - and I am pretty sure that the book he is reading right here on this image is the long lost book of Aristoteles - "La Comedia". 
Oh he is such a lucky little bookworm! I am so jealous of him! 


Well ok - I will stop now ;o) 
Run over to the Midnight Madness blog, check out my DT sisters fabolous creations and come play with us!

Challenges:
Aly's Sunday Challenge  - distressed
I Did It Creations - anything goes
2 Sisters  - anything goes
Stamp Something - use something digi






19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hei Gunn, jeg likte bokormen din, den passer deg som hånd i hanske. Lurer på hvor du har fått interressen for bøker fra!
Ha en god dag.
Mamma

MaxineD said...

Lovely fun card, Gunn - I too love books and think this wee fellow is just so lucky to have a stack of books and the time to read them :-)
Maxine

Jeanette said...

I saw this gorgeous card earlier at Midnight Madness. It caught my eye then. This is really beautiful. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Lovely Linda said...

Awwww Gunn - this is adorable! I love that bookworm and am not surprised that he appealed to you! This is a great card - love the colours and the dimension you have added - your flowers are always divine! I love this Gunn - it is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Carol said...

Gunn this is just as sweet as it can be. I love your arrangement of flowers and the cute little embellishments. The vintage look of this has that old school look when you used to smell crayons and floor wax when you walked into school. I just love it. Great card this week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Donna Moore said...

What an awesome card! I love the look of Old World flavor you gave it! I would love to be able to climb into that scene and look around myself. What amazing adventures and lost knowledge must be in all those old books and maps! The musty smell of old paper and the bookworm right there to guide us in the right direction to find what we are seeking! wow, there is quite a story in this card Gunn, spectacular creation my friend!!
book hugs!
donna

Pat (mspfd) said...

This rocks! What a fabulous take on this week's sketch. You created the perfect design and scene for your adorable bookworm. And the embellishments are a wow. Love how you did the border, too. Such a gorgeous card.

Primitive Paper said...

OMGoodness...not only have you captured vintage you have also added a great touch of whimsey to your card. Made me smile when I came over and took a peek this morning. Have a great week!

Wenche WTE said...

Tanteunge, ja den ormen var midt i blinken for deg. Ble nesten forelsket jeg og. Nydelgt kort igjen. Flott blomsteroppsats. Detaljene dine er alltid spennende.
Klem Tante

Denise @ kc242 said...

Gunn, I just love this card. Your bookworm image is right up my alley too! I love books and this theme of yours really appeals to me! Well done!
Denise

KarinsArtScrap said...

hi gunn this is lovely.
I love your image my husband read a lot so he will love this too.
beautiful colors.

greetings karin

marsha said...

Gunn, I love this! Your card looks so vintage, yet your image is just a cutie! I agree, this looks so "old word". Love all the distressing and your borders are just WOW!
Hugs,
Marsha

Connie M. said...

Oh Gunn!! What a perfect image for you...to fun! Oh and that flower detail in the corner...AMAZING!! Hugs!

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

This is so cute! I love the bookworm and stack of books! This looks like it belongs hanging in a library. Very nicely done!!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Gunn :-) I love this image ,, so cute and the papers and colours you used are fab :-)

thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Digi Challenge :-)

luv
Lols x x x

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Loved it! Fantastic work.
Thanks for playing with us at IDIC.

Wenche WTE said...

Tanteunge
Nice card.
Happy birthday to you.
Tante

Darsie Bruno said...

what a darling image, Gunn! This card is just too cute!
Hugs, Darsie

Holly Moore said...

Gunn! Geez oh Pete you are the Queen cardmaker in disguise aren't you? That little bookworm could not be anymore adorable (and stunning too) than in the surroundings you have put him in. So elegant, and glorious and BOOKY. :) Love it!!!

Have a wonderful week and a happy November!
Holly R. Moore