October 16, 2010

Sensational Saturday with Sugar Creek Hollow


This week the DT over at Suger Creek Hollow got a colorchallenge; Early Espresso (dark brown), River Rock (sand/tan) and Baja Breeze (bluish-green). Who comes up withe these names I wonder, what happened to blu, brown and beige? Well, well - i sure sounds fancy *LOL*

I am in love with this image of the iceskates! You just have to try it! It is so fun to work with - does not really need a lot of coloring and it just fits any type of winter/christmascards I think. 

This time I printed the image twice and then I cut out the skates in one of them and popped them up on foamdots. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Don't forget to stop by the Sugar Creek Hollow Shop and get your hands on this lovely image, but do also check out the Sugar Creek Hollow DT blog and see what my talented DT sisters have come up with!

Have a great saturday!

Challenges: 
A Spoonful Of Sugar - winter wonderland
One Stitch At A Time - use digi stamps / paper
Tuesday Throwdown - 3 of something (3 brown flowers)
Anything Goes - ribbons


Hugs
Gunn

19 comments:

Joseline said...

Beautiful card Gunn!! I love how you popped the skates. I also love the ribbons you used!

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

Hi Gunn, I love how you popped up the skates too! The cool blue paper you chose is beautiful with the skates.

Donna Moore said...

You are the bestest in the westest! Or ..... you have rocked this challenge girl. I love your card and your staging is amazing!!
hugs
donna

Mary Duffek said...

Gorgeous!!! So pretty.

Primitive Paper said...

OK...I love everything about this card. And you are right, such an easy yet elegant image to work with. I am always looking for those little trinkets that you embellish with and this one is no exception. just STUNNING!!!!

Sharon Basel said...

This is one beautiful card Gunn! So many gorgeous details, starting with the main image panel. Love the layout you've used and the distressing with the aqua ink is a great detail too! Totally fab!

Kerry said...

Beautiful card Gunn! So much detail.

Thanks for joining us at "anything goes" this week.

Love Kerry xxx

uksharon said...

Absolutely beautiful so wintery - love it.
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Davi said...

So very pretty, Very nice image and all the embellies. Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week.

MiamiKel said...

Gunn! Once again you are rockin' the SCH cards! This is just fabulous - have a blessed weekend!

Cec said...

Gorgeous card. I love the special details you have added - flowers, lace trim and the little heart.
Hugs!
Cec

Heide said...

So pretty! The skates look fabulous!

Chris said...

thanks for your comment on my computer geek, you can get that image from My Favorite Things, it's a clear acrylic stamp. Here's a link if you want to buy it.
http://www.mftstamps.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=7_50
always like to enable another stamper!
afterall I really am "easily amused"

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great card gunn
beautiful christmas card.

greetings karin

Dawn Edwards said...

great card love all the accents.

marsha said...

Wow Gunn! This is just so elegant looking! I love how you used your colors and the skates look fabulous popped up. Another OTT creation!
Hugs,
Marsha

Julie said...

Beautiful card Gunn! That image is one of my favorites.


Hugz,
Julie

Nancy said...

I love what you did with this color combo!! And, I just have to use the skate image...what am I waiting for? Wonderful card!

Lauren said...

This is SO cute! LOVE the ice skates! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next week!

Lauren