December 5, 2010

12 tags of christmas #5

and here is my 5th tag.
I actually stayed pretty close to Tim's design and almost used his techniques *LOL* It is not easy when you don't have the stuff he uses, but it does force you to be creative - and that is the fun of this.

I must say that I really did not think I would find the time to make this one today - so I am pretty amazed with myself.
I slept in today  - did not get out of bed until 11 AM ;o) Then I made 22 christmascards - converyerbeltstyle, but still - 22. Then I made a card for Marcus who's birthday is tomorrow. And of course I have made dinner and cinamonbuns and cocoa and then I drove Helene to her mothers. I really did not think I would make it to the tag - but I did - I am really proud of my self I tell you! LOL

Here is the details of the tag:
I printed the image of the santa - I found this over at Digital 2 for Tuesday - isn't he the best!? Love this Santa image! Then I traced around the tag and glued the image to it.
I do not have a paint dabber so I embossed the egdes of the tag with white embossing powder, and then sponged red color over the tag - avoiding the pretty face of Santa.
I stamped some small leafs and added green glitterglue to them and then some dots of red glitterglue in between.
Stamped the "Gledelig Jul" at the bottom and added some white acrylic paint to Santas hat. The beard I gave some Stickles - Frosted Lace.
I just cut out a pattern by hand and painted it with green acrylic paint and added the music to it. The numbers is just some stickers that I painted with white acrylic paint and added some small pearls. We celebrate the 24th and not the 25th so I of course used 4 insted of 5. I did not have room in my tag for the metal flower so I left that one out.  Added some charms and pearls to a metal wire and like the lovely Phyllis would say - VOILA - a tag!

Thanks for stopping by! - I really have to go to bed now!
Btw. Want to see my christmascards?


Take  care!

1 comment:

MaxineD said...

Stunning creations, Gunn - both the tag and the card :-)
M