December 8, 2010

12 tags of christmas #8




I have had the day off and really enjoyed making this tag.

Todays technique was to use masking. I do actually have some of Tim Holtz masks - but I have the barb wire and did not manage to fit that into a holiday theme. I could of course go for a goth holiday, but was not in the mood.

I don't know were this gorgeous sleigh comes from, but my reindeer of course is from Layers of Colors. I love, love, love the Reindeer Waltz set! I stamped the sleigh twice. I colored on of them with Fired Brick Distress ink and cut it out. Then I stampd some music over it and embossed it with clear embossingpowder. The reindeer was stamped, colored, cut out and embossed with clear embossing powder too.
I colored the bg of the tag with Broken china, vintage photo and walnut stain then I sprayed some glimmer mist over it and stamped the flourish with vintage photo.
The corners are also from Layers of Colors - the Touch of Elegance set. Thank you so very, very much Laura! 
I stamped it in both corners and embossed with a black/silver embossing mix.

My houses are handdrawn and cut out. I colored them with a green pen and then embossed them with pine needle distress embossing and then gave it a coat of clear embossing on top. Cut and bend some wire for smoke.

I did not have a metal timepiece so I cut out this one from the Lost and found paper stack.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

hi gunn
your tags are looking great.

you ask me were i have that swirl from that is on my card.
well that is coming from the cricut with the cartridge home accent.
I hope i help you with this.

greetings and thank you for your comments.

karin

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Gunn - you need to start a Tag Album with these gorgeous tags - they are divine! I love the LOC Reindeer - you have made it take flight!!! Love the colours and the gorgeous sleigh - perfect! Thanks for inspiring AGAIN!! {{{hugs}}}

MaxineD said...

Another stunning tag - these are beautiful, and I love how you get so much detail into such a small space - amazing!
Maxine

Diana Queen said...

Another beauty, Gunn! You are so creative to use the LOC reindeer stamp with the sleigh...and I love you handcut houses! ;D

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Wow! Gunn you're creating some truly magnificent tags!! The others on your blog are all gorgeous too! Beautiful work!