January 11, 2011

MMSC#86 Longing for spring



It is tuesday again - the new year is 11 days old and the Midnight Madness Challenge is up with the second challenge of the year.



This weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.
"YOUR CHOICE"
Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our MMSC85 Gold Star Award goes to...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our MMSC85 Remarkables Awards go to...


  Congratulations!!


We have got a lot of snow this week so I tried to cheer myself up with making a colorful and friutiful card this week.




My image this week is a digistamp from our sponsor Doodle Pantry called FruitHat - I think this hat is so fun! This is a hat that will make the world smile! I have colored it with watercolorpencils, and then covered the whole thing with Diamond glaze.
I also just love that I just the other day found this little hatcharm to go with it.
If you, like me find coloring difficult then you really should stop by the Doodle Pantry blog. Laurie has got a lot of fantastic coloring tutorials there!

Our monthly sponsor is Lindys Stamp Gang. In her shop she has some very, very cool stuff. We all got to play with her "Try me out"-kits, wich is sprays with lots of shimmer in them - and I mean lots!


I got the Gossamer gold, the Cocoa bean copper and the Mission bells brown. And they are absolutely gorgeous! On these flowers I have used the Gossamer Gold. The flowers were original some peach colors, but just a little spray and they were gold. It is extremely hard to photograph shimmer, but thay look absolutely amazing in real life. I am in love!
I also love some of the names these sprays have got - I just must get my hands on the Screaming banshee black!

You really should stop by Lindys to see all the faboulus stuff she has! This is cardmakers heaven!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Now run over to the Mdinight Madness blog, check out the DT cards, get some inspiration and come play with us!

Challenges:
Creative Cowgirls (2 weeks, 2 entries) - Something new 
Catch The Bug (3 entries) - anything goes
Craft Your Days Away (2 weeks) - anything goes
My new stuff is both the image, 
the sprays and the metal charm. 

Gunn






23 comments:

Guro said...

Herlig kort du har laget Gunn!!! Skikkelig stilig den lille metallhatten; passet perfekt til dit vårfrukt fat :-) Her regner det, og vinterfølelsen slipper taket ettersom gresset titter fram igjen; skal bli deilig når våren titter fram om noen mnd.
Utrolig flotte farger du har brukt på bakgrunnen din, og på blomstene :-D
Ha en super dag!
Klem Guro

MaxineD said...

Gunn I so love this, it is fabulous, with bright focal point in the hat and the brown/gold and white complimentary to it. You have incorporated loads of texture and dimension too.... I keep going back to look again there is so much detail.

Blessings
M

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Gunn - this is just gorgeous! I love your detail and those shimmery roses! Gorgeous colours - you have nailed this challenge - again!! I love all of the dimension and the distressing! Thanks for having me - I love to visit! {{{hugs}}}

marsha said...

Wow Gunn, this is just gorgeous! Love the image, but all the glitter and distressing really steal the show here! Love your design this week and all that new "stuff"!
Hugs,
Marsha

Donna Moore said...

Wowzer Gunn! Spectacular card!! You have rocked this way out there!! I love your colors and that glittery "stuff" looks like a "must have"!!
Miss seeing you!
donna

Lorie said...

Your card sure cheers me up, Gunn! How beautiful! Your color palette is perfect to lift my spirits from the snowy day here. The gold, copper and brown sprays you received are just stunning on those roses!!! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful and inspiring card!

Hugs,
Lorie

Dawn Edwards said...

Wow Those Gold roses are amazing. I love all the details of this card. I hope this card cheered you up because it sure cheered me up. Thanks for the inspiration.
Dawn

Sassylassy said...

What an awesome job you did with your fruity hat!!! Wow and you got a great picture of the shimmer on your flowers.
Hugs Bonnie

LindaS said...

OMG I love your hat and its a amazing desing/colors for it.

Rainbow Lady said...

Simply fabulous dahling.... wonderful creation I love it. Thanks so much Love Cynthia x

Jen said...

Super card, those roses are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Rainbow Lady's challenge.
Jen x

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

What a fun card! I love the beads on the tag. That hat is really cute too! The gold shimmer you've used on the flowers is beautiful. It's amazing how metallic they look. (like they're dusted in real gold dust)
Reneé
Midnight Madness Design Team

Sara said...

Amazing work, thanks for playing along with SSD!

Regan said...

Beautiful! I love the colors you chose and how you added color to those lovely roses! I have that Doodle Pantry image too... it's too sweet! :)

Marianne said...

Beautiful creation!
Love all the details on the card and the colors!
Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge!
Marianne

Pat (mspfd) said...

Hi Gunn! This is spectacular. I love what you did with this super fun DP image and the flowers are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

jackiescrafts said...

Your card is gorgeous and I love those flowers
Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

Jackie x

Valerie said...

Your card is stunning! I just love the embellishments you used.
Valerie PSDT

Priscilla said...

Hi Gunn...This has truly been such an awesome start to the year and your card is fabulous as always. So nice to see you working with so many styles of images. I am thrilled you want to still hang out with the MM Team. Have a wonderful weekend and looking forward to your next creation.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

KarinsArtScrap said...

great card gunn.
what great details you have put on your card.

greetings karin

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

WOWZERS Gunn on the sparkle!!!! The colors really are spectacular! The names are very fitting don't you think? I love all the details you've put together here, especially the background dp, charms and lace! Beautifully put together!
Can't blame you for wanting Spring to come around as I'm sure the winter has been long enough for you already!
Many thanks for all your kind words for my DH's uncle, the support is so much appreciated by my whole family!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

PCJ said...

Beautiful card. Love all of the different elements to it.

Thanks for joining us at PCJ challenges this time and we hope to see you again soon!

Lisa x

Carol Ann said...

Great card love the way the tag has been used. Thanks for playing along at CYDA this time.
Carol Ann xx