February 2, 2011

Layers of Colors Guest Designer


I am Guest Designer for 

I have been in love with the Layers of Colors stamps since the first time I saw them. They are goregous! 
I really did never in a million years think that I would be asked to be GD for this stampcompany. So I feel real honored to be asked to do this. I really hope that I have made justice to these fantastic and beautiful stamps.

For my first card I used the big butterfly on the Flutterscent set.
I cut out the butterfly and colored it with some paint that I got from Lindys Stamp Gang called Magicals. I have the color Cocoa Bean Copper. I does not cover up the black areas and it has a gorgeous shimmer to it.

My Dp is a black and white paper that I found on sale. It was ment for coloring. It had this very cool crown on it, and I decided to only color this and leave the rest. 

Over my DP I have layed a seethrough fabric with some silver hearts on. Gives the whole thing a softer look.
As base for my butterfly I have use some spellbinders that I got in a fabolous RAK from Tracy. I added some pearls and some stickles around the egdes. 



This great, big metal flower is from Kort og Godt and is one that I got from my mother. She is quite the shopper! Look at this beauty! I added a little white flower to the center and then some purple gems. I know they look blue, but they are really purple... they just don't like to be photographed - maybe they are shy?


This here must be one of my favorite things to decorate cards with. It is a 3 piece deocrators ribbon. One almost seethrough white ribbon with some lovely wood hearts on, one silver ribbon and then a leather sting with wood and white pearls on. I just love those wood hearts!

I hope you will all stop by the Layers of Colors blog and see all the gorgeous creations that the LOC Design Team has made. Also stop by the LOC Flickr group!

I hope to see you again next wednesday for my next Layers of Colors Guest Designer creations, and don't forget about our big CAKE PARTY february 23.



Thanks for stopping by!
Gunn

10 comments:

Linda w said...

Wow, what a sumptuous feast for the eye this card is. I love all your layers, and beautiful details and embellishments. Will pop and look at Layers of Colours now. Hugs lin

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Gunn - this is just wonderful and as I said at LOC - a smorgesborg for the eyes! I always love your details and embellishing and this is no exception - gorgeous texture and dimension my friend! I love to come and visit with you - maybe one day we will do it IRL!! {{{hugs}}}

Mona E said...

Hehe, jeg ble bare sittende her å måpe. Jeg ser sikkert skikkelig uintelligent her jeg sitter med haka ned på knærne og bare sikler.... Utrolig lekkert kort, Gunn! Nydelig metallblomst og sommerfugl! Klem...Mona

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Whoo! Hoo! Congrats Gunn! This creation is AMAZING and GORGEOUS!! Your attention to detail is awesome and I learn so much from you! Great job!

KarinsArtScrap said...

your card is very beautiful gunn.
love that flower and butterfly.
beautiful colors too.

greetings karin

MaxineD said...

Another stunner!! Gunn this is just gaw-juss - so much detail, so many layers. I am pleased that you gave us all the close-up shots here and explained some of the details.
Thank you for sharing your art.
Blessings
Maxine

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Oh Gracious, this is SO gorgeous, Gunn!! Every beautiful detail is creative and thoughtful. Beautiful! What a pleasure to have you as our guest designer! I'm honored!
Hugs!

MariLynn said...

What a gorgeous layout! I love how that butterfly looks. That flower is fabulous! Congratulations!

samara Rachel Navi said...

I LOVE your blog!!! Came over from Laura's...networking does work. I've spent scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and am IN LOVE with your style. Could you please consider putting a SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL on your blog? I'd LOVE to subscribe...I don't use the atom/RSS. Hugs, Samara

Heather Jensen said...

This is beautiful! I love the pretty butterfly. I don't have this set. I so need this one. When I GD at LOC I used so many butterlfies. I thought Laura was gonna be sick of them. LOL ;)
Hugs~