February 9, 2011

LOC Be my Valentine


Valetines day is coming soon and this is my Valentines Card - Layers of Color style. 
For this card I have used the Merci bouquet stamp set. It has some amazingly pretty flowers


 I cut out two hearts in just plain white cardstock. Distressed the egdes witht a scissor and then with Vintage Photo Distress ink. I have also used this ink for stamping my images. The center images is stamped twice, the first one is cut out and popped up on foamdots. The second one I just cut out the flowers, I colored them just a little bit with calk and then distressed the egdes before I attached it to the other stamp. On the egde of the biggest heart I added some stickles. I have totally fallen in love with a color called Cinnamon. I use it all the time! I bougth one bottle in December and now I just bought myself a new one.
 I have used quite a bit of lace and ribbon on this card. Three strips of white lace and one stip of brown ribbon. I added three flowers and a hat-pin with some beads and a bow on. 


My background is also just white cardstaock that I have dryembossed. Added some Vintage Photo Distress ink to the raised part of the embossing folder so that it added color at the same time as it embosses. This is a supercool tecnique and it is so easy. You just rub your inkpad over the raised pattern on your embossing folder and then dry emboss as usual.  It really creates an extra dimension to your dry embossing. 



I hope you will all stop by the Layers of Colors blog and see all the gorgeous creations that the LOC Design Team has made. Also stop by the LOC Flickr group!

I hope to see you again next wednesday for my next Layers of Colors Guest Designer creations, and don't forget about our big CAKE PARTY february 23.

Challenges:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts (2nd MON) - Love is in the air
Crafty Cardmakers - Hearts
Crazy Challenge (2E) - Lots of Love
Incy Wincy Designs - Love
Pink Elephant (2W) - be my valentine
Stamp Fairy - Lace and Hearts - No Pink or Red
Stamping Scrapping Central (2W) - Valentines
Stamps R Us (2W, 2E) - Love/Valentines
Creative Inspirations Paint (1E) - Hearts
Let's Ink It Up (monthly) - NO DIGI and Romance/Valentines
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - signify love but No sentiment






30 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gunn this is beautiful, love those colors and your hearts.
great charm, lace and pearls.

greetings karin

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, wonderful heart and details.
luv
Debby

Miesje said...

THis is beautiful! I love that heart and the gold embossing. So elegant. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

KelsMakes!!! said...

Stunning! Thank you for joining in at Crazy Challenges this week.

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi
Gorgeous and stunning card, love the color, so much details, WOW!! Thanks for joining us this week at Stamps R Us.
hugs Marilyn

Becky said...

This is stunning! I love your hearts.Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

SuzanneK said...

Absolutely stunning, beautiful papers and embellies, love the vintage fell. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck Suzanne x

glassgraffitix2 said...

Your card is just stunning!

Jack said...

Fabulous card. I love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Jacki Randolph said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Jacki - SF DT

Jacki Randolph said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Jacki - SF DT

Renee said...

love the bg papers. like how you went without the tradional red. thanx for joining us this week at incy wincy.
renee dt

MaxineD said...

gunn this is beautiful - love the almost monochromatic feel and all the gorgeous detail you have here.
Blessings
Maxine

Sharon Basel said...

Hi Gunn! This is beautiful! Such wonderful textures here and your host of details that are your trademark. And lovely rich colors too. So good to see your work in the StampFairy challenge! Come back and join us again!
Hugs,
Sharon

Patti J said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the LOC products, and goodness, I think I need to look for that shade of Stickles! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Hope to see you back next week!

Lovely Linda said...

Ginn - this is Divine! I love the soft romantic feel you have created! Your work is fabulous and always so intriguing - I cant stop looking at all of the details - I love that divine lace and those adorable flowers too! Perfect! Thank you for sharing {{{hugs{{{
Linda LOC Desin Team

pinky said...

Very romantic and pretty.

Grace said...

Oh this is so totally stunning Gunn!!! I love the vintage feel and the beautiful mix of textures and patterns! You always amaze me with your work! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Samantha said...

Stunning! love the vintage style, Samantha :0) - SFDT

Creative Inspirations said...

What a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Creative Inspirations Paint.

Claire said...

Gorgeous card! Beautiful vintage creation, thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Kianel said...

beautiful creation!
thanks for playing with us at Creative Inspirations Paints!
Love from France, Kianel.

ona_i_ja said...

Gunn, this is absolutely stunning card!
Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up this month and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

fionalawlor said...

Such a beautiful card! Love your flowers and heart charm :O)
Thanks for playing along this week at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful card...love all the wonderful detail!! Thank you so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Shirl said...

An absolutely elegant Valentine's card your eye for detail is fabulous. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautifullly done!

Rush'd Lady said...

Very nicely done! :)

Ellis said...

Vackert kort du har gjort Gunn! =)
Kram Elenor

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

Hey! Congrats! I saw that you made the Top 3 over at Incy Wincy with this beautiful card! Great job!