February 23, 2011

LOC Cake Party!

Welcome to the Layers of Colors big Cake Decorating Party!
It is my last week as Guest designer for Layers of Colors and I have had a great month!
To make sure that I did go out with a big bang I decided to make a couple of cake slice boxes, and before I knew it, it ended up with a fabolous cake party blog hop!
If you came from Graces blog you are on the right track!

These boxes were a lot of fun to make. I have used the Joiful Noise Set and the Merci Buoquet set.





I used the Joiful Noise set for my top decorations.


On the side I used the Merci Bouquet stampset.



I filled it up with yellow and pink roses, a stick pin and a metal butterfly. In between the roses there are small blue pearls. Over it all I have spun some gold tread.





I also used the Merci Bouquet on the end of the slice. Then I made this haning charm from some beads I have in my stack and topped it of with a little white bow.


But You know, I am getting marrid in a months time - so I kind of needed a wedding cake - right? Even though it is going to be a small and quiet wedding a girl is in title to have a three tire wedding cake!


Layers of Colors wedding cake!



For my bottom tire I have used the Merci Bouquet stamp set.
I have distressed all egdes with Distress ink Vintage Photo.



As top decoration I have stamped both the small and the big flower from the Nature walk set and cut them out. Added some stickles to the egdes and glued them togheter with a pearl in centre.


I think that these little flowers from the Merci Bouqet set is gorgeous!


My second tire has a butterflyflavor.



I have used the Belle brocade art stencil on the top of each slice. then on every other I have stamped a butterfly from the Flutterscent set and added some fluffy string around it.  On the end I have stamped the leaf from the Merci Bouquet set.




On my top tire I have used the smalest flower from the Merci Bouquet set, both on the back and on top. 
My top decorations are made of the biggest butterfly from the Flutterscent set. 

So, now I am ready to get married!


I am sorry for the bad photos, but this was one difficult cake to photograph! 

If you want to join us that would be great fun! Here is the template I have used for my cakes.  I know that Laura has a little givaway going today. She just became a grandmother. 
Congratulations Laura - little Landon is so sweet!


Thank you so much for stopping by!
I now say thank you to Laura for giving me this opportunity to be Guest Designer for her gorgeous line of stamps. 
The next stop on our bloghop is Guro.






35 comments:

MaxineD said...

Gunn this is absolutely divine! The three tiered cake is stunning. I am blown away with all the work you have put into this.
blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

Hei kjære datter.
Jeg gleder meg til bryllupet og ikke minst til kaken. Den kommer til å få hedersplassen. Håper den "smaker" like godt som den ser ut. Kaken var festlig.
Klem Mamma

Petra said...

Gunn, I think the only word fluttering through my brain right now is 'wow'! what a lot of work you must have put into this cake. Of all the posts in the hop I love yours best! I hope that your forthcoming marriage is blessed and that you will have many happy years together :)

Ellis said...

Fabulous weddingcake you've made! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Suzanne C said...

WOWZERS! Fabulous three tier cake! Wonderful pieces of cake and your music notes are stunning on top!

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Gunn - this is totally divine! I love every detail - and thee are many! Your Wedding Cake is a tresure indeed and deserves to be on the Bridal Table for sure! you my friend are to be admired! What an amazing artist! Thank you Gunn for being the hostess for this womderul event and all of the inspiration you bring! {{{hugs}}}
Linda LOC Design Team

KarinsArtScrap said...

great decoration gunn.
what a great details and your wedding cake is very beautiful.


greetings karin

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OH MY STARS! This is not only GORGEOUS ... it's AMAZING! Fabulous creations ...you are such a clever & talented girl!! This project definitely deserves a "DOUBLE WOWZA!"

Justine said...

Oh my word, I am blown away!! This is beyond stunning. I really thought that was a "real" wedding cake. So classy. You are very talented! Did it take a long time to create each one and put the entire thing together?

Grace said...

Oh my goodness Gunn!!! You have gone WAY above on this one!!! I can't imagine all the time this took!!! You are one clever and talented lady! So sorry about the link.... I don't know what happened but it's there now and direct too! Wouldn't you know... the entire list and the one after me got lost! So sorry!!!

Jennie said...

So very pretty Gunn!! What a fabulous cake and love those layers...my goodness it is such a beautiful work of art!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Fabulous. Love the tiered cake.

Guro said...

Wow Gunn, dette er jo helt fantastisk! For en utrolig flott kake du har laget, bryllupet ditt blir en opplevelse uten tvil, og jeg ser for meg flere "doggybager" for å få med seg et stykke hjem :-)

Nydelig de to øverste stykkene også, utrolige å jobbe med disse flotte trykkene fra LOC.

Ha en herlig uke; og masse lykke til med videre forbredelser :-D
Hva var datoen deres igjen?

Blir litt lite hobby for meg om dagen, skriver på en vitenskapelig artikkel, som jeg skal publisere etterhvert, itilfelle jeg ikke får den doktorgraden jeg søker på!

Klem Guro

Klem fra Guro

MariLynn said...

WOW! I am blown away with your cakes. I was so impressed by your joyful noise cakes, and then I saw your wedding cake and my mouth dropped open. What a lot of time, love and effort went into making these creations. I pray blessings on your up coming marriage. Thank you for the beautiful inspirations.

Polly said...

puffffffffff cai voca arriba de lo sorprendete de tu trabajo, esa torta por niveles woooooooowwwwwwwwww demasiado linda, que idea tan genial por ejemplo para un matrimonio y los pedacitos de torta dentro para entregar a cada invitado.
Saluditos.
manualidadespolly.blogspot.com

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Gunn, what an amazing cake you've made! Totally over the top gorgeous in every way! I just love this! Your wedding is going to be absolutely spectacular and this cake will be the talk of the town! Stunning creation my friend.
Thanks for hosting this blog hop and sharing your incredible talent with us.
Hugs,
Charlotte

Denise said...

OMG, Gunn. I have NEVER seen anything like this. What a lot of work and love went into this. It's gorgeous, and delicious. You have totally outdone yourself with this cake. STUNNING!!!

Musing of a Patched Heart said...

Your wedding cake is amazing I love how you have put all the pcs together to make a lovely focal point for your wedding your guests will treasure this as you made each one special!

Diana Queen said...

Gunn... just look what you've started!! One of the most beautiful blog hops I've ever seen! I am honored to be a part of this hop and have been so excited for it to start!

Now on to your breathtaking art. I am totally blown away by your unending creativity. Your cake slices are so fabulous...I totally love the standing up musical notes! Then I scrolled down and almost fell out of my chair when I saw the wedding cake... this is one of the most fantastic paper craft projects I've ever seen. Beyond beautiful!

Thank you again Gunn... I've enjoyed this blog hop so very much! ;D hugs!

Elizabeth said...

Gunn, that tiered cake is stunning! WOW! Your work is very beautiful. Thank you for giving us so much inspiration.
And Congratulations on your coming wedding!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Gunn, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!! Having you as a guest designer, topped with this fabulous blog hop, it's been a real joy! I hope you come back and guest design again.

Your creations inspire the imagination and your wedding cake topped them all with elegance and exquisite work! Fantastic!

Many blessings on your upcoming wedding, Gunn! May you have a lifetime of unending love together!

Sweet hugs!

Sue D said...

Gorgeous wedding cake! I also really like the musical cake boxes.

Sharri said...

Wow!! The wedding cake is amazing and yes every girl deserves a 3 tier wedding cake and your fabulous!!!

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

These are absolutely stunning! :)

JaniceAileen said...

What in the world!!! What fantastic projects, Gunn!!! SO cool!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! Your three tiered cake is absolutely gorgeous...I LOOVE all the distressing and added details!!! The cake slices with the musical theme and butterflies are totally FABULOUS!!!!!

Dawnll said...

Love this three tier idea and such a fun color choice.
Wow what a great centerpiece

Luv 2 Create said...

I love the musical notes cake slices, but when I scrolled down and saw your three tier cake, my jaw dropped. Absolutely gorgeous. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials. As it is said, if you want the job done right - do it yourself (specially if you are this talented)!!
Marcie

Valerie said...

Your wedding cake is the first I have ever seen. Very amazing!

Sharon Peele said...

I cannot believe you made your wedding cake!! It is stunning what a wonderful job!! I love it!!

Cindy Lou said...

I don't know what to say, everything is just not enough! When you think out of the box, you just jump right out of the room! Love your cake, what awesome inspiration! Thanks also for the template, you have inspired me so much with such a great bunch of ideas! Beautiful work! Blessings :)

Susan said...

TOO BEAUTIFUL for words! Congrats to you and your love on your upcoming Marriage :)

I am a new follower.

Where are you all getting the template to make the cake slices?
Susan

Elly said...

Wow, this is sooooooo GOEGEOUS!!!

Donna Moore said...

This just knocked me right out of chair onto my butt with sighs of "wow" all the way down to the floor! Glory be girl, this is the most awesome three tier wedding cake I have ever laid my eyes on!!! You rock!!!!!
hugs
donna

Wenche WTE said...

Tanteunge!
Jeg gir meg over, finner ikke ord.
For et byggverk og fantasi, Fantastisk.
Tante