February 15, 2011

MMSC#91 Olivia and John








Look who came to visit me this week - I think it is Olivia and John! Well, ok, John did have black hair and this dude got brown, but they still look like they came right out of the Grease movie.
As always it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between.
 Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our MMSC90 Gold Star Award goes to...
 
MMM
#55 Regan {charmedstamping}



Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...

#9 An
#39 Ann C
#41 Gro Tjeltveit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Our MMSC91 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....
http://dudetimedoodles.com/


T
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**Our February Monthly sponsor is....
http://www.paperpretties.net/store/





 


The image is from Paper Pretties and is called Dreamboat.


Pink is not a color I use a lot, but this time it was actually quite fun to go pink. 
I have colored the pretty couple with my new Derwent Inktense colorpencils. They sure are InkTense! I will need some time to get used to that. I am not very good at coloring to begin with, so images like this always scares me a lot. I did the best I could.
On John's jacket I did the outline with a black ballpoint pen to give it an illusion of beeing made of leather. Then I added some glitterglue to the girls dress. I stamped the image twice and colored one in black for shadow. Along the outline of the shadow I have added some black stickles. It does not show in the picture, but gives a cool effect real life.
Then I put the colored image on foamdots and put it a little bit off centre from the black shadow.




 
Just a little silver flower. I really love these metal flowers. The black thing is something I have taken from an old necklace that I have picked apart.

No one can rock without a guitar! I think this must be a Gibson ;o)


Challenges:
 Thanks for stopping by! Now run over to the Midnight Madness blog and play with us!


21 comments:

MaxineD said...

Gunn this is awesome - love the way you have created the 'shadow' effect, and your colouring looks pretty good to me :-)
Blessings
Maxine

KarinsArtScrap said...

I love your olivia and john gunn.
beautiful card you have made.
love the charm, lace and that beautiful flower.

greetings karin

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is brilliant I love it and will now be singing Summer Lovin the rest of the day. Thanks for playing along on Ellephatastic this month, Hazelx

Ellephantastic said...

Fab card! Very grease lightening!!! Love it. Thank you for joining us this month. H x

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

This is awesome! I love that movie and they do look a lot like them! Your lace is so pretty and your coloring on their clothes is wonderful! What a fun card!

downrightcrafty said...

oh gorgeous creation so pretty, thank you for sharing with us at Stampin with the Dragon
Hugs Kate xx

marsha said...

Gunn, how cute! I can practically hear the music now! Love your colors and great design!
Hugs,
Marsha

Denise @ kc242 said...

Hi Gunn! What a fabulous 50's inspired card. Love the pink!
Denise

Jill said...

Great card! Love all the little details and what a great image! Thanks for playing along at Ellephantastic this month. Jill

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Great card I love the added details especially the sparkles on the bottom of Olivia's dress. Thanks for joining us at Ellephantastic this month.. Good luck in the draw

Hugs

Tamara

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Gunn - this is divine - I love the Grease' feel you ahve created and ADORE the shadow effect - I am going to have to try that -it ROCKS!! You do Pink so well and LOVE the details! Totally gorgeous but I have come to expect nothing less my friend! Thanks for the YUMBLY eye Candy! {{{hugs}}}

Lorie said...

This is awesome, Gunn! What a fabulous image to work with, and the guitar charm is perfect! I LOVE the movie Grease, BTW! Well, ANYTHING with Travolta is okay with me! LOL!!

Inspired By Friends said...

Beyond cute card. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth

Helen said...

Love your card - the colouring is great and all the detail you've added to the card looks really good.

Thanks for joining us at the first Little Claire challenge.

Helen x

Heike said...

This is a lovely project.

Thank you for joining us at Little Claire and best of luck for the monthly challenge.

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you so much for playing with us at Stampin With The Dragon.
Hugs Nataliya.

Anne Temple said...

Awesome job on your coloring and shading. Thanks for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon.

Priscilla said...

Well, I finally made it here. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I love your card.. I loved the 50's and this really is perfect for the 1950's lover. I even have a 1953 Hudson Hornet Car. I love the lace on this and the flower is so pretty. Thank you for the close ups and what a great post.

As always thank you so much for being for everything. You are a valued member of the team
Priscilla

alicaz said...

so cool! Lovely coloring, great lace and charms too!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Thistleblue said...

Gorgeous card, i love your shadow image, very clever! The colours and all wee ebellishments are fab! Thanks for taking part in this months Ellephantastic Challenge and best of luck!
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
x

Dawn Edwards said...

Gunn, your cards are always so beautiful and creative. I love how you have accented the image with the lace trim and the little guitar charm is just too cute! Thanks for the inspiration.
Dawn