July 26, 2011

MMSC#114 - let's go back in time.

******GASP*****
It is tuesday, normally my favorite day of the week, but today it is bittersweet.
Lovely Linda has been an inspiration for me ever since I started playing the MMSC. She has inspired me, not only when it comes to cards and crafting, but also through her laughs, her love for her family, her energy and for beeing the Queen of Comments!
I have a lot of good memories from our time as DT's together for the Midnight Madness Challenge, and I will cherish thoose for ever!
I wish you best of luck, and know that if you don't stay in touch - I will hunt you down!


Dear Linda - I will see you when i look at you!



This weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.
"YOUR CHOICE"
Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Our MMSC113 Gold Star Award goes to...

 Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...
  2. mocca22 
 20. Vickie Kertz  
Please grab your award logos and display them proudly :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our MMSC114 Weekly Bonus Sponsor is..
Stamp and Create and is offering a $25.00 gift certificate.
Stamp and Create is an on-line store carrying many popular brands of stamps, paper, and embellishments including: Wags ‘n Whiskers Rubber Stamps, High Hopes Stamps, Sweet Pea, CC Designs, Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps, Whiff of Joy, Stampavie, Penny Black, The Greeting Farm, Basic Grey, 7 Gypsies, Shimmerz, Nestabilities (always 20% off!!), charms and more!! Lacey is always adding new items to the store…so check it out at www.stampandcreate.com
Thanks Lacey for your wonderful prize this week!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our July Monthly sponsor is....
Petaloo 
Be sure to check out the DT projects made with Petaloo flowers.
Click HERE to see the monthly prize details!



Did you know that over at CDAC they have NEW Progressive Challenges Starting!  Vintage ATC Swap OPEN for sign ups and an awesome Mini Paper Bag Album Swap Open for sign ups. 
You still have plenty of time so head on over and check it out today!
I really think you should enter this swap! I am making an album now and I really have not had this much fun crafting for a long time!





For this weeks sketch I have made a card and a book that fits the card.
Be prepared for lots and lots of photos!




I close the book with a grungeboard hinge that I have covered with Distress Embossingpowder.
This locks into a pice of string.






Here is the inside of my book. I have stamped some text on both sides and then I have a butterfly form the Fluttersent set from Layers of Colors.











I have also added some hinges on the back of the book.





The clock is part of a paper that I don't remember where I got. i just cut it out. I think it is kind of cool with the crown on.
The red flowers are from Petaloo.




The card fits into the book, making it a nice giftset.


The card is decoraded with the same clock as the book. Flowers are from Petaloo.




Just a little closeup showing this gorgeous little butterfly charm!

Thank you so much for stopping by! 
I really hope that you will come play with us this week!


Challenges:
Make it Monday - Anything goes
Cheerful Stamp Pad - mixed media - going aroud in circles
Ooh La La Creations - 2W, SIO - Circles
Simon Says Stamp and Show... - Anything goes
Lollipop Crafts - July challenge - Anything goes
2 Sisters - #449 Anything Goes




16 comments:

MaxineD said...

Gunn this is a stunning combination - love that clock image with the crown on :-) The flowers and that charm are beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine
p.s. I have sort of thawed out - ready for another frost in the morning......

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow this is stunning, beautiful made gunn.
what a lott off decorations and all fit together.
great job.

greetings karin

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Gunn, this set is really stunning and I love, love, love that book! All the details are amazing, each time you look at it you'll find something new to see. Beautiful colors and goes along nicely with Linda's card too! Don't worry, Linda's not going anywhere anytime soon!!! We'll catch her on fb too!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX
PS: All your projects over the last few weeks are stunning girl....even the PINK ONE!!! LOL

marsha said...

Gunn, your creation this week is just breathtaking! I love, love, love the clock image, your colors are fabulous and the entire design is so vintagey! Hugs and blessing being sent your way!
Marsha

chilli pip said...

Wow this is stunning. Love all the flowers and the little charm among them.
Really beautiful crafting , must have taken some 'time'
Thanks for sharing it with Ooh-la-la

Fot said...

WOW how stunning is this? a book and a card! im speachless...,Just FABULOUS my friend!Thank-you for sharing your creativity with us all,I'm peeking in from the" Make It Monday"blog :-)
Scrappingmamma ~
Http://www.scrappingmamma.net

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Gunn - this is gorgeous! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card and the book - you have ROCKED the MMSC this week! I always love your work and the details you bring - you are one of the people who inspire me Gunn! I love that we have met and am so glad that friendship is not determined by the Design Teams we are on - they take place in the heart and that has no limits! Thank you my friend for your lovely words, all the love and support you give me - you make my world brighter and make me smile each day - thank you Gunn! I will see you when I am looking at you - something I look forward to!! God bless you - keep that inspiration coming - I may need to case you soon! LOL! {{{hugs}}}

LindaS said...

Fantastiske detaljer og totalt lækkert design. Jeg er vild med din stil og kronen på uret er bare fir vild. LindaS/MMSC'DT

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OH MY STARS! This is absolutely AWESOME Gunn! It would take me a month to create something like this but you have inspired me to at least give it a try! LOVED all the beautiful detail you've put into this book! Just gorgeous! You are always such an inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing your talents!

Renlymats World of Family & Crafts said...

These are fantastic! I love old time pieces and clocks. I love the crown on top and how they're framed with the beautiful flowers! Cool bracket too!

Joan said...

A stunning project, love that clock with the crown. So much fabulous detail. I'm looking in from Make It Monday

Michelle said...

Hi

Wow!!! This is truley an amazing piece of artwork. Your attention to detail is fabulous.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Guro said...

Fantastisk bok du har laget her Gunn!!! Den må være den lekreste boken ever, så masse flotte detaljer, og fargene er helt supre!!!
Denne falt jeg ordentlig for.
Herlig motiv du har valgt også :-)
Klem Guro
PS har ikke fått vært innom så mye som jeg skulle ønske, har vært mye ute å reist i sommer...
Håper alt er bra med deg og dine :-)
Klem Guro

Wendi said...

Oh wow what an amazing creation it's gorgeous
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

BarbaraW said...

What a fabulous project. You can see lots of work went into it. The clocks are wonderful. Thanks for sharing your art in the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge.

Vicki Romaine said...

This is a great example for circles. Thanks so much for joining The Cheerful Stamp Pad.