August 7, 2011

Steampunk tag


I have been looking at this steampunkstyle for a while now and I love it! 
This is my first attempt.


I printed this wirecorset that I found on the net, and then added wire to it. Heated some acetate and distressed it, all according to Tim Holtz. Printed a couple of tickets and tore up a page from an old dictionary. Then I went through all my embellishments to look for things that can fit the steampunk theme. I really like my sewingmachine charm :) How cool is that!


Thank you so much for stopping by!

Challenges:
Gingersnap CreationsGC110: Spicy Supply Challenge - Gears, Cogs and Watch Bits




8 comments:

Judy Wood said...

Great tag! I love the wire, what a great idea! Awesome colors! Good job!

Nancy Wethington said...

First attempt! No way! This is fabulous. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Lovely Linda said...

D-I-V-I-N-E Gunn - I knew you would ROCK at Steampunk - it is a style I have come to love too! I love all of your details - your tags are always fabulous! The sewing machine is perfect....I am off to have another look - everytime I look I see more - and you have to LOVE that! {{{hugs}}}

Linda said...

Wow and Wow this is your first attempt. Wow this is gorgeous!!!!!
Wish I could do this on my first try!!!!! Fabulous!!!!!

MaxineD said...

Gunn this is stunning - I must try steampunk!!. There is a french artist who 'does' steampunk and has lots of free images at http://kldezign.blogspot.com

Blessings
Maxine

KarinsArtScrap said...

great and beautiful vinatge tag gunn.
I love that charm i have it to.

greetings karin

Deb (dcorder) said...

Oh, awesome tag! Love the dress form. Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations.

Beckie Holso said...

Wow, this is fabulous - I love it! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my steampunk train =)