October 26, 2011

LOC ornament bloghop

Layers of Colors have an ornament bloghop today. I am really looking forward to go see all their amazing creations, but I also really wanted to join in :) So I made my own ornament using Layers of Colors stamps. 

I have used stamps from the Touch of Elegance stamp set and from the Nature walk stamp set.

 Here is a picture of how the ornament looks like from above. 


Here is what it looks like from beneath.

This was a tricky thing to make. I did plan on making a set of three, to small and one bigger. I wanted them in white and silver and I had it all planned out in my mind, but I could not do it. They looked so bad, I don't know how many I have tossed in the bin, but there are a few *LOL*, so I only have this one, not really happy about it either, but I got a shot of it from it's best side :)

Thank you so much for stopping by! Don't forget to check out the ornament bloghop over at the Layers of Colors blog!

Hugs

16 comments:

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Oh, what a striking beauty you've created, Gunn!

Thank you for joining us today! What a treat!

Hugs!

Linda Beeson said...

This is so pretty. Love the dramatic color combo

Nina Brackett said...

Wow, this is lovely, Gunn. I love the contrast in colors that make it so elegant.

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Gorgeous!!!

Bridget Larsen said...

I know exactly what you mean, I have bins full of discards that cannot be revived or hidden, even my ornament I have currently on my blog for this hop is flawed. You have done well and inspired me to try and attempt this version that I have seen online so many times in the form of a pumpkin or apple
Bridget

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Gunn - this is divine - I love the fact that you have joined us on the Blog Hop - and then to get greeted with this elegant ornament - well done my friend!! It is lovely to see you crafting again with your usual fabulous flair! Thank you for inspiring - I am going to have to case this - but you knew that didn't you! {{{hugs}}}

Grace said...

Oh Gunn this is just beautiful!!! It looks tricky but you have done a beautiful job! So glad you played along!!! What a fun time!

JaniceAileen said...

Oh, wow, this is gorgeous!!! Nice job!!!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

So so beautiful! I love how you placed cut out stamped images on top and bottom! Wish I had thought of that for my ornament!

Jessica said...

How pretty! Great ornament!!

MaxineD said...

Hi Gunn, great to see you again - love the crisp black and white of this ornament.
Isn't it frustrating when you know what you want to make and it just does not work out - happens to me far to often.
Blessings
Maxine

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH! This is sooooooooooo CAS and elegant! LOVE your flower at the top with the pearls and beads! I also love your stamping on the strips of paper--GORGEOUS:) Great job!

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful ornament you have made gunn.

greetings karin

Wenche WTE said...

Berre lekker.
Tante

Jan Marie said...

Beautiful! So delicate and exquisite!

Anonymous said...

Kjekt å se deg på bloggen igjen. Jo, det er bare lekkert og elegant.
mamma