November 28, 2011

When you wish upon a star

Simon Says Stamp and Show came with a new challenge today, and I was so disappointed when I saw that the theme was "stars". I don't use stars, so that was a real downer. 
Then I was chatting with Lovely Linda on Facebook. I told her about the theme and said that it really did not do anything for my mojo. Then I said " I can't remember that I have ever used stars...." and Lovely Linda says "Did you use a star on you CAS Christmas cards?".... and she was right of course, I used a star just a few weeks ago.... is it the age that is catching up with me? Alzheimers light or something? Anyway, it did get my mojo flowing, and even though this is the third or fourth attempt on using this star, I think that I finally got there :)

Thank you Linda for getting me back on track!

 I don't remeber where this star is from, probably Kreativ Hobby, but I have had it for years. But this year is the first that I have managed to use it. Isn't that weird. You buy a stamp, you love it, but then you don't know how to use it and it ends up in your drawer... Happens way to often if you ask me :)


 My sentiment is from Stempelglede and my flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. And then I added some small pearls in between the flowers.

 I covered the stars with Cinamon Stickles and added a little pearl in the center. It does not show very good in the picture.


At the side I hand stiched with a ribbon and added a TH metal charm saying "Wish".
Thanks for stopping by!




Challenges:



Bunny Zoe's Crafts -  Anything Christmas with Pearls 
Paper Creations Ink  Christmas 
Stamp with Fun - Stitching (real/faux)
The Crazy Challenge -  Stars and/or Snowflakes
The Ribbon Reel -  Anything Goes 
Addicted to Stamps  - Christmas card 
Sparkles Forum -  Vintage Christmas 
Stamptacular Sunday -  Anything Christmas


20 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

Yes I have many a preloved stamp that I fell in love with and it sits pristine in my stamp drawers. As usual gorgeous card, love the colours you have used. I have to leave my comfort zone and try other colour combinations

Lovely Linda said...

Woohoo Gunn - this is divine - I knew you would make that star shine - so brightly! What a gorgeous Christmas card - love the rosess too and the laced ribbon - I would love a day inside your head, you are always so inspiring my friend! BTW - love chatting on fb! God bless you Gunn! {{{hugs}}}

Karen Hasheck said...

Beautiful holiday card! Love the image and all the special details! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Paper Creations Ink. Come back soon!

Candy C said...

Absolutely beautiful card! I love the laced ribbon. Such a wonderful "extra" touch! I love the vintage feel of your work. This card is no exception. The stars are so reminiscent of part Christmas stars I've seen from my childhood. I love your sweet roses and your layers of distressed papers. Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

MaxineD said...

Gunn I am drooling again - (my poor computer).
Once again you have wowed me with your beautiful creation - this is amazing and I am left in awe of your creativity. Love the wee touch of pink in the roses.
Blessings
Maxine

MarcyK924 said...

Beautiful Christmas card! LOVE all of your little embellies! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! Hugs, Marcy K.

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous card!

Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sparkles with our vintage Christmas challenge

Hope you will join us again soon good luck xx

Pauline said...

This is beautiful! Love the laced ribbon and glitter, so pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Paper Creations Ink said...

Thank You For Joining Paper Creations Ink; We Always Enjoy Seeing Your Creative Talents! Have A Wonderful Holiday Season!

Shari said...

Absolutely stunning card, and you have done an outstanding job with your star stamp. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Heleen said...

Absolutly fabulous! Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge. Hope we see you soon again at stamptacular.

Hugs,
Heleen

Riti said...

Such a Wonderful Card there!!

Thanks for joining us at PCI
Hugs,
Riti

Bettina L. said...

Så lekkert julekort. Liker måten du har sentrert stjernene på og den knyttingen på høyre side er spektakulær. De avrevne kantene er prikken over i'en. Tusen takk for at du deltar hos Stamptacular Sunday Challenge og lykke til. Håper du blir med oss igjen på en ny utfordring på søndag. Klem Bettina

Lynne Forsythe said...

Can I just say....for someone who had NO MOJO....that is one AMAZING EYE CATCHING piece....love every little detail!!

Thanks bunches for joinin' along with this weeks challenge ~ Stars~ at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

Christa said...

I really love this card !! Beautiful vintage look. Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Christa.

Keilly said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for playing along at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight.

Lenet said...

beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the ribbon real

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! Congrats on your win over at Dream Valley!

MagsB said...

Congrats on your win at Dream Valley! Rather than contacting Melly, drop me an e-mail directly (gauroth AT gmail DOT com where AT=@ and DOT=.) so I can pop your winnings in the post quickly!

Happy Christmas!

love MagsB x

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe.
Hugs Tracy
P.S. There is some special Candy on my blog HERE.