December 2, 2011

12 Tags # 2

It is day 2 of Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas. Come join the fun!

I did go in a very different direction with my tag today. That is because I have got some Darkroom Door stamps and I just have to use them. :)
I am quite excited about these new stamps I have got :)


I actually think that this tag looks a little boring, but with this tag it is all about the details.


I used a piece of sheet music, and embossed the compassrose and some text with clear embossing powder. Then I wwashed over it with white acrylic paint (don't have paint dabbers)


I added some charms, a key and a ruler, to some jute.


I stamped some steampunk gear and glued on some more gear (could have waited till the glue dried before I took photos.....)



I stamped my steampunk man onto some canvas and gave him a penny necklace. The details in the stamp did of course not like the canvas, but I think it looks cool anyway - you can still see the man right?


At the bottom I cut out a piece of railwaytracks that I placed down with some brads. 

Who needs reindeers when you have steampunk???? 

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Crafty Kate said...

First steampunk tag! Looks really cool!

Bridget Larsen said...

I love the colour and yes embellishments make a huge difference

MaxineD said...

Love your detail - I love something that reveals more and more each time you look, as this does.
The man is really cool on the canvas!
Blessings
Maxine