December 11, 2011

12 Tags # 7 and # 8

I am still palying catch up with the 12 tags... now I have finished #8 so I am still 2 days behind, and when I wake up tomorrow I will be 3 days behind.... There is no mercy in this game!

I have spent my saturday watching the Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony while preparing for Sebastians birthday. We do not celebrate big, but he of course had his favorite dinner wich is trout. He is a fisheater :)

Anyway, I have to say something about this years Nobel Peace Prize. This year it was awarded to three amazing women. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Leymah Gbowee and Tawakkol Karman. Three strong women with some strong stories.



This is an important prize because it represents womens suffering in war and the importans of including women in peacenegotiations. 
There was so much I chould have said, but these women makes me speachless of admiration. I wish them the best of luck in their fight and struggle, leading a country torn apart of civil war (Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, president of Liberia, the first female president in Africa), leading a non violent women organization responsible for ending the civil war in Liberia ( Leymah Gbowee, I don't believe that she is the same age as me.... she has ended a civil war.... I have made cards......), and finally Tawakkol Karman, current leader of a non violent revolution in Yemen, still fighting (non-violent) for a free Yemen. 

Please read more about them and their lecture at the Nobel Institute website


So, sorry about that - sometimes the world just have to get a place in my crafting world.

Over to the tags.

# 7

I really like this tag! I think it is gorgeous!

# 8


This one I don't like.

Thanks for stopping by! It is now 01:00 in the morning, I would like to catch up on some more tags, but I guess it will have to wait until the morning... Sleep tight!


2 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Gunn - these nearly slipped past me - arghhh! Love your tags, the details are divine - I especially love the bottom one and that masculine image! Always put together so beautifully my friend! {{{hugs}}}

MaxineD said...

Both tags are up to your usual high standard, Gunn, but like you, I love the top one!!

Incredible women too!!

Blessings
Maxine