January 2, 2012

Happy new year!

Happy new year to all of you! I had a quite celebration, just the family and the three scared cats :)

The day before new years eve we went on a little trip to a lighthouse about an hour and half away from were I live. It was a great day, and my stepson took a great photo of me and Marcus, and I was inspired to make a LO out of it. I have not made a lot of LO's, usually just makes cards so this took a lot of thinking an planning. So I went online for inspiration, fist I was looking for a good sketch, but did not really find one, but ok, I dicided to live without, and then I found Finnabair's gallery and got heaps of inspiration! Wow that lady is a very skilled scrapper! 

So I jumped into it and loved it, but halfway through there is something wrong, I am not really sure what is was, but the layout just did not fit the photo anymore.... so what to do then, well, you change the photo, right?

So this LO, who was supposed to be a romantic LO of me and Marcus kissing in the sunset, ended up to be a LO with pictures of my great grandfather..... Don't ask! *LOL* 

The good thing about this change is that I could use a sketch I liked. I have used Skissedillas sketch #144.
I am also entring this into Simon Says Stamp and show - something old, something new.



 I do love his moustache!  




I thought it was cool to add the piece of my family tree that leads up to my great grandfather.


There is a lot of old stuff on this LO, but there are something new also. The Brick wall stamp from LOC, the letters are cut out using my new TH die Carnivale alphabeth die. I have also used some TH kraft paper, all of this stuff was lying under the three waiting for me. 


My great grandfather was swedish, that is why this LO is called "svensken", that is the name I have heard my mother call him.

I hope you have a great start to the new year! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

MaxineD said...

Love your L/O Gunn, and all the details you have there with the family tree and the photos (Wonderful moustache!!)and the flowers - only you could put flowers with a photo of a great grandfather and have it look fabulous.
Blessings
Maxine

Candy C said...

Hello Ms. Plum. Your piece is absolutely lovely. I love the deep rich colors and how you've distressed each layer you've added to the background. The two vintage male images are way cool. I absolutely adore your flowers in the opposite corners. They are beautifully arranged. And the touch of vintage lace is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Brit Sviggum said...

For en nydelig LO, med så utrolig mange flotte detaljer. Likte den kjempegodt. Stilig med blomstene i hjørnene, og bildene passet utmerket til bakgrunnen. Dessverre så lar det seg ikke gjøre å kombinere våre utfordringer med andre utfordringer :( Men en flott løsning av skissen var det ;) Ha en fin kveld.

Bridget Larsen said...

Oh my gosh lady Plum you should do more layouts, I love this one. its so rich in colour, history and the love you put into it

Olga Marie said...

dette var flott gunn!! gleder meg masse til papirfesten! :)