January 3, 2012

What don't we do for those fury friends......



It is that time of year again... time to go to the vet's office for vaccination and dental care.... I hate it, and my cats hate it even more. Two of them are terrifyed of the cage... so the fun begins a long time before we even can see the vet's office.... *sigh*

Anyway, this year I am going to be prepared! Today I found the cages, washed them and set them on the livigroom floor. Here they are going to stay for a while. I don't think we will go to the vet for another month or so. So I am going to spray the cages with Feliway and throw catnips in there everyday, so maybe they will get used to the cages... you think???? *sigh* Do I belive it? No, but it is worth a try though...

One thing I have missed when it comes to cats and cages is namesigns, so that the vet will know wich cat is in wich cage, so that is what I made today. I sure wish my cats would care also, it would be nice if they saw the signs and went "hey, this looks cozy - I must try", but then agian, no....

Anyway, here is the signs I made. They turned out to look kind of like an old Saloon sign, don't you think. Little bit country and western there... I have some real outlaw cats *LOL* I hope they don't draw their guns and starts duelling in there.....



I have just used plain cardboard. Glued on a piece of TH kraft paper, colored it with distress ink.


The letters are cut out using TH carnivale alphabet die. This is glued onto a piece of paper that has been stamped with LOC vintage postcard.


Then I did cover it all with clear embossing powder, both front, back and sides, hopefully this will make it a little sustainable to water - it always rains when we go to the vet :)


And here is what they look like on the cage :)


Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

How adorable these are Gunn!! I love Stella's pink cage - it is adorable! I don't know if the cats will appreciate your talents - but we sure do! Love it - love that TH alphabet too! You are inspiring my friend! <3!

MaxineD said...

Love these Gunn - they are fabulous!! Waterproofed and all - amazing. Just hope the cats appreciate the effort you have made for them.

Octavius is lucky if he gets an ordinary luggage label, and that only when I have to leave him - usually it is just the check up and vaccinations and home again - with him crying like a baby all the way!
Blessings
Maxine