February 13, 2012

Art Journal

My observant readers have probably noticed a 
lack of postings here on my blog lately. 
It is all an aftereffect of my total lack of mojo.

 My mojo dissapared in december sometime 
and has not come back yet.
 In January I watched the Creative Jump Start Summit over at Nathalies blog. It did not do wonders for my mojo, but I decided to try out one of the tips given there - to keep an art journal. 

This has been a very difficult task for me 'cause this is a medium very unfamiliar to me. The whole work process is alien to me and I am watching a lot of videos trying to get ideas.
 Most of the time I watch Inspiration Wednsday.
 This blog really is great for inspiration! 

Anyway, I have made some really bad Art Journal pages - I am not going to show you those :) but today I made one that I actually was pretty satisfied with. I think I am about to start liking this Art Journaling thing. I like that it is not supposed to become something. It is not supposed to be given away to anyone and it does not matter if you make mistakes.
 No sketch, no demands, no rules.
 I can use whatever I have, and also use stuff that I would never in a million years think of using on a card - like this big heart and the wings... they are to big for cards. 

Anyway, here are my Art Journal page:








Yeah, I know.... it is kind of pink..... 
Maybe I am seriously ill?

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope to soon be back in "business" again :)
Have a great day!


1 comment:

MaxineD said...

So good to see you back Gunn :-) I have missed you!
SO I take it that an art journal is just a series of pages where you experiment with whatever takes your interest.... I love what you have done here, but then I love most of your work anyway!
Blessings
Maxine
Did you ever get the wee package I sent you?