March 2, 2012

Butterfly necklace

I am so excited to win in the random draft over at 

The technique that Tim Holtz is using for the March tag is pretty cool I think, but I was not in the mood for making either a card or a tag (well actually I did make a tag first, but it was ugly), so I ended up making a necklace. 


My butterflies are stamps from Layers of Colors. Stamped onto grungeboard and cut out by hand. I used silver embossingpowder in between the papertiles and used some Cinamon stickles around the egdes. 



Thanks for stopping by! 



9 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Gunn - this is totally divine - I am loving the jewellery you are creating - it really suits your artistic style!!! Will we be seeing your own line of jewellery soon!? Love this - especially the way you used the Layers of Color butterflies - gorgeous! Always a pleasure to visit you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Bridget Larsen said...

Amazing and artistic as usual

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Oh, my how beautiful!! I would hang that out as decor when not wearing it, it's so special!!

Happy Winter Hugs, Gunn!

MaxineD said...

Oh my goodness Gunn - these are so stunning now I have been able to see them close-up. Take pride in wearing them!!
Blessings
Maxine

Patty said...

Simply gorgeous! Such a creative take on the Tims 12 tags!

Bonnie said...

Love this necklace! What a lovely idea for that technique.

Karli said...

beautiful work :)
hugs~

Olga Marie said...

Gratulerer så masse Gunn!!!

Stephanie Rodgers said...

Nice job! I love to see when someone completely changes Tim's ideas around.