March 20, 2012

Looking for my mojo

I am sorry if you feel that you have seen this card before.... It is quite similar to the card I made just a few days ago. The same stamp and the same sketch... but I am still looking for my mojo, so I just have to go with what works.
 I hope you will forgive me :)
Actually, when I put the two cards next to each other, they do not look a like at all - so I do give myself a little encouraging clap on the back and tell myself  "Well done!" 

The background was made using LOC brick wall stamp, a french script stamp and a postmarkstamp. They where all embossed in black. Then I rubbed over part of the paper with Walnut stain Distress stain, and then sprayed over with homemade Aged Mahogany glimmermist. The dresstand is from Tim Holtz and was layered 3 times. I tried to take a photo showing the layers, but my cat loves feathers, so I just had to save the card from her, sorry about that :)
 I don't know where the wings are from, but they are covered with Cinamon stickles for some extra sparkle. 

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Handmade background
Smugdy Antics - Level Up


15 comments:

monique said...

very beautiful card, love all the different layers you made and the dressform is cool, thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics

MaxineD said...

Fabulous Gunn - and your mojo is there - just trying to hide!!
Love all the sparkle and the feather is an inspired touch.
Blessings
Maxine

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Gunn - you lost your mojo - I think not! This is divine my friend - I love all of the layers and that feather - it is perfect!! Gorgeous my friend - now I am off to check out your other card - you inspire me my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Candy C said...

Very lovely card! All the dimensional work and layering really paid off!!! It looks fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

ike said...

Gorgeous card - if that is what you do WITHOUT your mojo then I don't think you should be worried at all !!! :-) Thank you for joining us this week at Smudgy Antics with your gorgeous layers :-D xx

I Don't Do Straight said...

Gorgeous card.... Love the dress form and all those layers :)
Thanks for joining us Smudgy Antice this week :)

Kristina said...

Well I think this card is pretty awesome! Love all the layers, and embllies. Love the way this turned out, I think it's beautiful! Great job! (I followed you from Smudgy Antics)
Peace,
KristyLee

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Hi Gunn, If you can create like this with no mojo then I wouldn't worry too much, it's lovely. The layers and texture are fab even if kitty did have a paw in. Thank you for sharing this with us at Smudgy Antics this week and hope you visit again very soon

Ally White Cat said...

Your mojo is there..wow wonderful wonderful art..love the layers and dressings..so awesome.

susan s.

Sarah said...

there's nothing wrong with giving a good design another play - your card is wonderful with great vintage colours and style! Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah.

~Lady B~ said...

The girls have said it all! Majority rules. Your mojo is still strong even if it isn't doing what you've expected from it. You have churned out a dynamic project with lush textures and fabulous layers. The overall design rocks too. If you're this good when you're having an off day, your creations on a good day must be out of this world! Thanks for sharing with Smudgy Antics :)

blackdragon said...

I'm with the others...this is gorgeous....and made without your mojo! Beautiful work....thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy antics this week.
BDx

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love your card, Gunn! Thanks so much for playing with us for this month's challenge. Awesome details!!!

Pat (mspfd)
MMSC Design Team

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Very nice...love the vintage feel of this card. Thanks for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Hope to see you next month.
Valarie Florer
MMSC DT

Jen Leeflang said...

Oh wow - another beauty!
What a fabulous entry into our Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #136 - I can't wait to see your entry for our next exciting challenge.
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge DT