May 14, 2012

12 tags of 2012 #5

May is here and this means that Tim Holtz has made his May tag. 
I did follow his tag pretty closely this time - hard not to when I actually have the stampes he used....


I stamped my images onto kraft wrappingpaper and curled it up before gluing it onto a tag. I stamped both images in black, the bg image I then went over with a white watercolorpencil and the dressform image was coverd with glossy accents.
I used a strip of tissuetape and added some numbers to them and then handstitched around the egde of it. My metal tag is just a round metal plate, I stamped the image onto some paper and glued it onto the metal and attached it to the tag using a safety pin.



My spool is plastic, but I did emboss it.  Not very sucessful because the plastic melted really fast... then I wrapped some jute around it. I don't have a melting pot nor do I have UTEE, so I covered my flowers with Glossy accents and I think it gave me about the same effect. I added some tulle behind the spool and glued it down. 

Thanks for stopping by!



5 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

Great tag - I like the way you went around the image with a white pen as it makes it pop also like the flowers with glossy accents.

MaxineD said...

Well done Gunn - this is a great take on Tim's original, and I love the way you improvised on the flowers.
Blessings
Maxine

My Paper Epiphany said...

I really like your tag. The white highlighting is a good idea and I love the red stitching.

Winnie said...

So pretty. Love the look of the glossy accents on the dress. It is a striking touch.

lolita cardenas c. said...

so cute, creative and wonderful!