May 13, 2012

Steampunk top hat and card

My stepson Sebastian is having his Confirmation this sunday and I wanted to make him something spescial.



 I decided to make him a top hat - just because I have fallen in love with them and love making them... I am a selfish stepmom *LOL*


And because I love steampunk - it turned out to be a steampunk hat :)


In the center of the zipper I have used a picture that Sebastian has taken. It is a very cool close up of a metal drain gitter.


The hat was covered in black felt and lined on top and bottom with a black silk ribbon. I have used a zipper and a feather and some black lace. The metal is mostely from Tim Holtz so also the filmstrip. 
I did find a treasure in my stash while making this - it turns out that I have a little bottle of stickles with the name of Gunmetal.... how cool is that! And I did not know that I had it... Made my day!
The "Adventure" and "Exploration" stamps are from Darkroom Door. Stamped onto Tattered Banners from Tim Holtz


And of course I had to make a matching card. They look very much a like, probably caused by my laziness or lack of inspiration at this point.


The "Til" stamp is from Stempelglede and the "Konfirmanten" stamp is from Kort og Godt.



Here is the picture I have used when making this hat and card. Is it not a cool picture? He is a good photographer I think - he is only 14 remember.



Thank you so much for stopping by.


Challenges:
Crafting When We Can - Steampunk
Allsorts - 1E - #154 A card for a Man or a Boy


2 comments:

MaxineD said...

Gunn these are stunning - love the photo, tell Sebastian it is amazing - great perspective!!
I love both the hat and the card - your creativity is to be admired!
Blessings
Maxine

Nicola said...

Wow Gunn, your creativity is amazing and I love the attention to detail that you have given this set! Your son's photo is great and goes perfectly with what you've made.
Thanks for entering our Male card challenge over at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx