June 2, 2012

An adventure or Doing stuff I don't know

I have had a great day crafting, the fact that I was out of double sided tape and almost out of glue seams to have been qute the inspiration for me.... I have made a tag, a card and even tried doing and art journal page. 
I must admit that this art journaling thing is something I do not really understand. I don't understand the consept of it I think. Why am I doing this, what is the purpose? Is there any rules for this? I don't know, so maybe I am doing it all wrong, but hey, I will never learn if I don't try - right?
 So I found this blog where they have art journal challenges (at least I think that is what it is...), and decided to play along. Check out the "A year in the Life of an Art Journal".

Here is the deal:


THE PROMPT: Adventure

ie: family or personal adventures or journeys, road trips etc.
THE STUFF: Maps
old maps, atlas pages, etc
THE TEChNIQUE: transparencies
ie: any kind of clear overlay either professionally printed or printed or drawn yourself 


I did not understand the trasparancies-thing, not sure what that was supposed to be, but I did the adventure and map thing.




I have used an 30x30 design paper that was printed with a map over Paris and lined with tickets around the egdes. I cut out some images of the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty and the Sphinx, I printed and old postcard and used stickers on it to say "Places to fall in Love". I used an art stencil to make some flourishes, stamped some images here and there, used some clock rub-ons, some grungebourd hearts and some letter stickers. I have also used some tissuetape. 

Now I wonder what I am supposed to do with it?

Thanks for stopping by and read about me rambeling about things I know nothing about :)

3 comments:

MaxineD said...

Thank you for sharing - I love your page - all the texture and images! Art journaling is what you want it to be!! Well that is my understanding of it.
Blessings
Maxine

LindaBrun said...

En herlig side Gunn. Takk for at du deler den med oss.
Art Journal er akkurat hva du ønsker det skal være.Du kan bruke det til å utforske nye teknikker som du igjen kan bruke på lerret , Scrapbooking eller på kort eller ikke. Det kan også brukes til å få ut følelser/inntrykk/tanker ved hjelp av bilder/farger/ord. Jeg pleier å gjemme sidene i en bok så kan jeg se på dem senere. Jeg har i ulike størrelser og formater.

Glenda T. said...

I love your take on our challenge, it's super fun to look at it and thanks for playing along with us!!