July 17, 2012

The Whatevers #2

It is time for The Whatevers again.
 I really like this challenge, but I must admit that I may not be to creative when it comes to the stories. I find refrences to litterature and  make my stories out of this. 
This photo imidiatly made me think about Miss Havisham. 
A rather sad caracter from Charles Dickens Great expectations. And in my story I have quoted her. Her descriotion of real love is one that I have remembered ever since I read this book. Noone I think has ever had their heart broken as bad as poor Miss Havisham. She of course is one that will never be forgotten, but I found it very nice to give her a face.




Here is her story:


My name is Miss Havisham. Maybe you have heard about me? Maybe you have laughed at my story?
I know I am the talk of the town, but I don’t care anymore. When my finacé left me at the alter, he did not just brake my heart, he killed it.
Do you know anything about love?
Let me tell you what real love is. It is blind devotion, unquestioning self-humiliation, utter submission, trust and belief against yourself and against the whole world, giving up your whole heart and soul to the smiter - as I did!

Now here is what’s left; a wedding photo without a groom, an old worn out weddingdress and a faded memory of what was supposed to be.


Please come and play with The Whatevers! It is great fun, and you will find all the details over at Nathalies blog.


Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

MaxineD said...

Oh Gunn this is a fabulous page - love the colours and the way you have used them! You have illustrated the story extremely well.
Blessings
Maxine

Catherine said...

this is so fun -- love your colors and Miss Havisham is definitely the talk of the Whatevers today! Thanks for playing -- I LOVE THIS!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Wow- this is amazing! I love your writing- it is so touching and I love the design of your page. Thank you so much for playing along with us and sharing!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Wow, this is so unique! I love the mixture of colors, textures and technique. Fabulous mixed-media with the addition of an emotional element. Well done, Gunn!

I hope your summer is going well and you are happy!

clare said...

love your vibrant background and great piece of writing too. x

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful pages! And what a story! Poor lady - I hope she will find happiness some other day...Beautiful background - all that texture! Great colors too.

Mila said...

me encanto la historia, las texturas y tonos que usastes.

mrich2500 said...

Wow...absulutely stunning!

Cuchy said...

Thank you so much for your comment. Isn't it fun playing along?? Love what you did with Miss Havisham picture. That colourful background is awesome.!