Pages

September 26, 2018

Minialbum

Hi

I have another minialbum to show. I love making these. 
This one also comes with a story.


I have made this album for another afghan boy who calls me mom. 
He is a great boy, he is always joking and can always make everybody smile. He has just got a great spirit and personality. He is a colorful boy - always up for some fun. ๐Ÿ’“His tears is always there, right below the surface, but he hides them behind his big smile. 


When he was 15 years old, the Taliban came and took him. They wanted him to become a suicidebomber. They held him capture for about a week, treathening him to chop his head off he did not do what they told him. Great options......

He managed to escape, and his father sent him out of the country.

 The tag says: To my son. Never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the man I know you can be. Love Mum

 After a to month travel he came to Norway.  But of course - Norway did not believe his story and said that he could stay until he turned 18, but then he would have to go back to Afghanistan. But again - they did not tell him this until 1 month before he turned 18. He waited in Norway for 2 1/2 years - went to school, got friends, learnt the language - found a mom. He made Norway his home. And then Norway said that you are not welcome here, we are going to send you back to Afghanistan. It is the second most dangerous country in the world, but it is safe for you there now that you are 18 years old.

 Going back is not an option for these boys - for them it is a deathsentence - so he ran away again. 
He is now in another europeen country.



He was one of the lucky ones, this country did not find his fingerprints in the system, so he was allowed to seek asylum there. He will soon have his interview, and I am begging that they will give him asylum.



Before he left Norway he said to me - "Gunn, you know, I used to have dreams - I don't have any dreams anymore". 

I am glad to see that he now have some dreams again - he is dreaming about getting his asylum and then come to Norway to visit his "mom".




I miss him so much! It is so hard when I talk with him and I hear that he is about to cry. All he wants is to come "home". I know he have such a hard time, he has got a bed, and he get a little bit money, but I know that he is starving himself to make the money last. All I want to say is "Come home!" But I can't. I have to tell him to keep going, I want to say that it is going to be ok - but I can't. These boys are unwanted everywhere. Until they have got the positive answer to their asylumaplication, they have no future. 



 He has got a lot of good memories from Afghanistan. About the farm his family had, the fruit-trees, his mother. "I had a good life there", he says, "but the the Taliban came...." 
Now it is Norway he thinks about when he thinks about home. But he is stuck - he can't go to Afghanistan, and he can't come to Norway.... he is stuck in a country where he don't speak the language, where he don't have any family, his only comfort is all the other afghan boys in the same situation. Not much of a comfort when you are 18 and scared. 



When he left Norway he had a little backpack with him. 1 trouser, 1 jacket and 2 t-shirts. The only thing he brought with him that was not clothes was a picture of me and him. A selfie we took one time, that I framed and gave him for christmas. He had a couple of hundred euros in his pocket and took off to start a new life somewhere. I bring more than this when I go away for the weekend.....



 So I have stuffed this album full of pictures of him, of us and of the things we did together, and I am going to send it to him. I know he will love it, I only wish I could be there with him when he opens it. 



 His english is not good, so he will have a hard time understanding all the quotes I have added - but he needs a little challenge - I will tell him to google translate it ๐Ÿ˜‚



I hope you liked the album, and I hope you took the time to read this story. There is bad things happening in this world. refugees are not seen as people anymore. We are seeing more and more of the "us vs. them" retoric. There is a lot of similarities to the retoric that the nazis had towards the jews.  
We want to stuff them in camps and forget about them. 
We watch them die and we do nothing. 
So many people die in the mediteranian sea, and the people are sitting behind their computerscreens saying things like "good - a few hundred less of them comming here". 
Human life has no value anymore - if it is some of "them". 



I am sorry to drag politics into this, but this has become such a big part of my life and I am so afraid to see more of my boys beeing sent back to Afghanistan. 

Thanks for stopping by!

I am entering this album to these challenges:





2 kommentarer:

Linda Mc Enery said...

Another stunning mini album and another heart wrenching story! I pray all goes well with your boy! LOVE your mini album! So much passion has gone into creating it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges!
Linda

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Gunn I hear your heart cry for these boys, and you have poured your heart into these stunning albums for them. You can always become political in your posts - it's your blog and these are your boys!
Blessings
Maxine